Senior Backend Engineer, Technology Platform
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We are hiring a senior software engineer for Airwallex's Technology Platform team, where we build a highly scalable, efficient, performant, reliable, and extensible core platform that offers generic framework solutions where our cutting-edge upper layer financial applications run.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
- Use Java 8 / Kotlin as the programming language, and cooperate with the senior technical team to develop the Airwallex’s core tech platform to support companies various payment products and transaction systems;
- Based on the company's microservice framework, independently own the design, implementation, and shipping of platform services or framework end to end.
- Try new technologies and put forward architectural suggestions;
- Coach newcomers to develop good software engineering knowledge and coding standard awareness.
- More than 8 years of Core Java development, more than 5 years of experience in Internet application / large financial system / e-commerce platform or other large distributed / cloud based platform development;
- Bachelor degree in computer science and related majors;
- Proficient in Java 8, familiar with Java multi-threading, high concurrency, IO / NIO, network communication, etc .;
- Familiar with commonly used design patterns, with experience in design and development of large-scale distributed, high concurrency, high load, high availability systems;
- Master various common server technologies, which can optimize service response and data query, ensure various service quality, and solve the problems of high concurrency and high availability;
- Familiar with distributed databases or storage systems for example Cassandra / Redis / NoSQL
- Familiar with Spring / Spring Boot;
- Familiar with HTTP, TCP / IP protocol and REST specifications;
- Familiar with the use of Docker cluster;
- Familiar with JSON & XML.
- International clearing and settlement / foreign exchange transactions;
- More than one year experience in payment platform development;
- Fluent in English;
- Kotlin / Scala / Python / Golang / R;
- Docker Swarm / Kubernetes;
- Aliyun Cloud / AWS
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?