Data Science Director
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
What you will do:
- Manage and grow a globally distributed product analytics team to conduct analytics studies and experimentations to shape a shared, data-informed strategic vision for Airwallex product team
- Perform as a strategic thought leader for Data Science and cross-functional organizations
What you will bring:
- 10+ years industry experience and an advanced degree in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of management experience in data science or other relevant quantitative functions
- 5+ years of experience communicating the results of analyses to leadership teams to influence the strategy
- Passion for management and creating opportunities for career growth for team members
- Demonstrated ability to create, drive and execute impactful data roadmaps for the business
- Technical mentorship experience with applied statistics or experimentation (i.e. A/B testing) in an industry setting, large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) and packages, such as R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc
- Experience in technology, financial services and/or a high growth environment is advantageous
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?