Chief of Staff, CLRO Office (Hong Kong)
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Thursday, April 7, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
This role will see you being a vital member of an elite and innovative legal, compliance and risk team, closely working with the Chief of Legal, Compliance and Risk Officer in the oversight and management of Airwallex's best in class legal, compliance and risk teams. At Airwallex, we see these functions as a service to our business teams and our customers, and we get excited about innovation and collaboration.
Reporting directly to the Chief Legal, Compliance and Risk Officer, in this role you will work alongside all Legal, Compliance and Risk (LRC) leadership teams to support and deliver strategic initiatives, track projects and develop and maintain reports to all levels across Airwallex. You will support and run the framework by which we ultimately manage the LRC functions and deliver on its OKRs ensuring that we prioritise effort to create maximum impact for Airwallex.
- Own the OKR for LRC and setting the reporting framework for the teams
- Ownership of operational reporting capabilities, along with deep dive analysis where required to ensure the optimum performance of the LRC functions
- Assist in the strategy definition and incremental review of the LRC functions
- Project management of key cross domain initiatives to support the global program and its initiatives across all LRC
- Set up and manage data analytics capabilities for the LRC
- Performing analysis and reporting including cost modelling and headcount
- Drive operations effectiveness, efficiencies and initiatives across the LRC functions as we grow globally
You will bring:
- 8+ years of experience, preferably across a top-tier strategy/management consulting and high growth businesses
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills essential
- Experience in delivering strategic initiatives
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritise opportunities to focus on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership experience with demonstrated success in influencing a broad stakeholder group
- Technology, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is advantageous
- Up to date data analysis and reporting, expert in Microsoft Suite, Tableau, other reporting tools Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably with an understanding of law and compliance
- Based in Hong Kong (or willing to relocate to Hong Kong)Chinese language skills are desirable but not essential
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?