Senior Strategy & Operations Manager, CEO Office (Hong Kong)
Posted on Monday, July 11, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As part of the CEO office, you’ll be responsible for working closely with the executive team to drive key strategic initiatives across the globe. You are a self-starter and independent thinker with exceptional analytical and communication skills, capable of handling highly sensitive and confidential information while supporting a rapidly changing organization.
- Someone who enjoys ‘getting things done’ and finds ways to drive tangible outcomes
- A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies
- Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- Someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Someone with the ability to synthesise and communicate in a simple but effective manner
What you will be doing
- Prepare and update materials for business reviews and related activities, highlighting progress towards goals, key risks and dependencies
- Facilitate and manage selected cross-functional deep-dives and projects on business gaps/ cases issued by CEO
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders to ensure they are well-informed of their roles in each project, negotiate timelines and ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Be a sounding board to working-level project teams and/or stakeholders with objectives to resolve inefficiencies and roadblocks, and to keep the projects against its agreed timelines
- Identify and drive strategic projects around potential Revenue Drivers & Cost Optimisations
- Take a data driven approach to ensure overall healthiness of the organization
- Work cross functions to deliver IPO readiness
- Handle special projects and ad hoc incoming requests
What you will bring
- 5-7 years of experience, preferably with a fast growing tech startup or top-tier strategy/management consulting or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills essential
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritise opportunities to focus on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Technology, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?