Third Party Risk and Outsourcing Oversight Analyst
Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
In conjunction with colleagues and senior stakeholders, the Third Party Risk and Outsourcing Oversight Analyst will review continued appropriateness of key performance indicators and monitor progress against them and undertake and oversee annual risk assessments of vendors and outsourced service providers, ensuring that any ‘high’ or ‘medium’ risks are raised through the appropriate governance processes.
This also includes working with our commercial teams in light of our Banking as a Service product, as sometimes we can enter into outsourcing agreements with our partners.
The Third Party Risk and Outsourcing Oversight Analyst will have responsibility for ensuring the effective delivery, and monitoring, of our outsourced arrangements.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Supporting the business in onboarding new vendors and outsourced service providers and ensuring regulatory requirements are met.
- Conducting comprehensive risk assessments for third-party relationships and outsourcing activities.
- Developing and implementing risk management strategies to mitigate potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborating with stakeholders in the successful oversight and tracking of third parties outsourced arrangements.
- Maintaining robust controls to ensure compliance with evolving regulatory requirements and best practice, identifying and implementing improvements to existing processes.
- Developing appropriate regular outsourcing risk reporting and MI internally (e.g. quarterly outsourcing report for senior management) including self-identified issues, KRIs and incident reporting.
- Working with relationship management teams to ensure proper oversight of third parties during the course of their relationships with Airwallex.
- Ensuring that regular service dialogue meetings with outsourced service providers are scheduled and managed as appropriate; supervision and coordination of outsourcing risk analysis documentation and supervision of necessary adjustments to the documentation if the risk situation has changed or according to the regular review.
- Acting as contact person for internal and external audit requests on outsourcing related matters.
What You Bring...
- 3+ years of third party risk management, vendor management, compliance, or similar experience within financial sector.
- Experience building third party risk management program in compliance with regulatory frameworks in EU (EBA guidelines on outsourcing arrangement) and/or UK (FCA Outsourcing Rules).
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate and help non-experts understand applicable requirements.
- Strong writing skills, with attention to detail and ability to generate original documents.
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills to identify trends and insights.
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in, financial services technology, mobile and alternative payments, as well as emerging technology.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment by multitasking effortlessly and managing competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive results.
- Proven track record of driving results and building effective relationships.
- Ability to operate with strong integrity and the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Regulatory experience preferred.
- Fintech experience preferred.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.