Financial Crime Compliance Manager, US
Accounting & Finance, Legal
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2022
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding from world class investors including Sequoia, Greenoaks and ANZ. Airwallex has been recognized in Forbes' Cloud 100 2022, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting functionally to the FCC Director and can sometimes cover for the BSA Officer when required, this role will seek to advance the Airwallex compliance agenda. You will play an influential role in our growth story. This role is based in the United States - either in our San Francisco office or in remote (if applicable) where you will be responsible for supporting the development, launch and management of several key compliance programs whilst adding value to future compliance initiatives.
This is a hybrid role with 3 work days a week required in our Embarcadero Center office.
- Develop the FCC compliance framework of Airwallex in the Americas building on the Airwallex global compliance framework
- Consistently support and oversee KYC and due diligence processes together with the Compliance operations team
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external partners as well as regulators
- Analyze high-volume data to investigate, identify and report trends linked to AML typologies and compliance to leadership
- Design and execute reports to measure success and performance of initiatives
- Drive internal controls design and monitoring to support Compliance Operational policy and procedures
- Assist with the development of compliance programs for the products of Airwallex
- Partner with Compliance operations, Legal, Engineering, Product, Strategy, and Business Development to achieve results for team and the global Compliance department
- Continually identify, redefine and execute solutions for KYC, screening and TM needs across systems, teams, policies and processes
- Designs and execute reports to measure success and performance of AML Compliance initiatives, program, operations, critical metrics and Key Risk Indicators
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments
- 7+ years of FCC related compliance experience
- Background in Fintech, ecommerce, Regtech, compliance consulting, or financial services
- Bachelor's Degree
- Familiarity with BSA/AML, and CTF regulations
- Certification in compliance related areas (i.e.CAMS)
- Working knowledge in core AML products, money laundering and terrorism typology, segmentation, scenarios, models, methodology, and AML tools
- Experience with Transaction Monitoring, Screening and Investigations
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and handle challenging priorities under demanding deadlines, work with colleagues globally
- Ability to understand larger picture and environment while operating in focused manner
- Outstanding time management, presentation, and relationship building skills
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?