VP, Financial Partnerships
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
This leadership role is critical to the development and delivery of Airwallex’s global financial infrastructure. It will own the end-to-end strategy, implementation and executive relationship management across all regions with Banks, Card Schemes and alternate payment providers. Leading a group of geographically diverse, talented, seasoned and regional experts your goal is to ensure our financial services partner network is world class and directly supports the exponential goals and ambitions of the business. The preferred location for this role is London but could also be Singapore.
What You'll Do:
- Intimately understand the Airwallex financial operating system products and services to ensure that the right strategic partners are selected to support the delivery of our roadmap
- Manage full lifecycle of partnerships from strategy to signing through implementation
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and leadership across Legal, Compliance, Product, Engineering, Strategy and Operations
- Co-lead global expansion of our payments business for coverage in SME and Enterprise segments across all markets
- Make a direct impact on Airwallex customers by working with partners and internal product teams to deliver new products and payment corridors
- Lead a team spread across APAC, Europe, Americas and manage partner relationships around the world - this team will be expected to work with our partners to develop industry leading solutions, solving problems for our customers that the industry is yet to solve
- Harness a strong executive network for building thought leadership in payments
- Represent Airwallex as an executive spokesperson at events and in the media
What You’ll Bring:
- You have strong senior executive relationships globally with banks, schemes and alternative payment providers (global remit with strong global banking background)
- You have 15+ years of relevant experience in either Partnerships, Business Development, or General Management with 5+ years in Payments or Financial Services
- You are an expert in crafting thoughtful partnership and product strategies with banks and card networks at scale
- You are fascinated with the global financial ecosystem, embedded finance adoption, globalization of enterprises and generally an expert in payments
- You have a solid understanding of the operational details of payments infrastructure
- You are an exceptional communicator and you are able to connect with people at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders
- You have experience of high growth technology startups with a financial services capability
- You exhibit a strong product instinct and you are able to identify opportunities to leverage partners’ and Airwallex’s existing and future products
- You have strong negotiation skills and the ability to hustle, to make multiple complex deals work in parallel across regions
- You have experience effectively managing a lean yet high performing team across different time zones
Life At Airwallex
💸We are committed to paying globally competitive salaries, bonuses & we share our business success through every employee receiving equity in the company
💻 Hybrid work in the heart of San Francisco - 3 days a week required in the office
🥗On-site snacks - think of fully stocked fridges
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalized private support, coaching, and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your Birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Parental leave and baby bonding leave
🏳️🌈Employee resource groups for underrepresented employees and their allies
🔅Internal Airwallex community groups and local social clubs
💸Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
And much much more!
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?