Vice President, Finance
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
We are looking for a highly experienced and analytical finance executive to lead the full scope of Airwallex’s Group Finance and Accounting function. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will be the global leadership team's primary financial adviser, helping optimize regional revenue and resource allocation decisions while ensuring Airwallex operates efficiently and in compliance with all applicable regulatory frameworks and licensing requirements.
This role will also support global closing, reporting, compliance, and decision-making processes. To achieve this, the successful candidate will cultivate and lead a high-performing team (Controllership & Reporting, Treasury, FP&A, and Global Tax) that strives for global excellence through continuous process improvement and learning.
- Work closely with the executive team to support strategy development and help enable its execution, playing a role in prioritizing and ensuring the company strategy can be funded. Develop a strong understanding of Airwallex's business model and industry to use this knowledge to provide an independent perspective and to constructively challenge the commercial and operations teams, ensuring that business decisions are grounded in solid financial criteria.
- Lead the company toward IPO readiness, and as a public company, including assessing the current position, gathering data on gaps to IPO readiness, ensuring alignment of all stakeholders, and ensuring policies, systems and processes are brought to the level required as a public company on a globally-recognized stock exchange.
- Lead full-cycle development and management of the Airwallex Group annual budget to support Airwallex's operational needs in service to clearly defined operating plans and goals.
- Oversee end-to-end monthly and year-end close, reporting, and external audit procedures, including the execution of precise and efficient closing procedures, preparation of close reporting that provides deep insight into variance drivers, and partnering with external audit partners, all in compliance with applicable regulatory frameworks, accounting requirements, and internal policies.
- Lead structured planning and forecasting exercises, including monthly and long-range forecasting, to ensure that we accurately understand revenue trends, how resources are deployed, and how the business tracks relative to plans and goals.
- Ensure the company capital requirements are clearly understood through cash runway planning and optimization, optimization of company capital structure, and identifying and communicating the need to raise capital
- Lead group FP&A work, partnering closely with key stakeholders across the business to support optimal decision-making and drive operational performance and efficiency.
- Drive a continuous process improvement program that leverages new tools, automation, and best practices to improve the team's work efficiency, velocity, accuracy, and insightfulness.
- Execute and implement controls and policies to ensure adequate assessment and mitigation of risk, including credit, FX, and liquidity risk, and compliance with applicable regulatory or legal requirements.
- Cultivate and lead a high-performing team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with high clarity and accuracy.
- 15+ years of experience across Accounting, FP&A, Commercial Finance, Analytics. Tech industry experience is preferred. Audit, Investment Banking or Consulting experience is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and communication skills with extensive experience advising senior leaders.
- Global experience working in multiple global jurisdictions
- Professional accounting qualification (CA / CPA).
- Advanced understanding of IFRS and closing/reporting processes. Understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements is preferred.
- Experience taking a private company public on a globally-recognised stock exchange is a plus.
- Strong experience leading and developing high performing teams. Experience working cross-functionally across a global organization is ideal.
- Advanced Excel skills. Experience with Oracle/Hyperion is preferred.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?