Fraud Data Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is building a centralised risk platform that will harness advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to enable real-time decisioning across a diverse range of product lines and platforms. The risk product domain is responsible for building the platforms, engines & case management whilst also delivering the risk models so you will be involved in crafting the full end-to-end risk capability.
This role will work on building out Airwallex’s risk product domain focusing on analyzing the compliance impact on transactions as well as delivering a financial crime detection and prevention solution. You will be responsible for conducting risk analysis on transaction level and merchant level, developing risk detection framework, and empowering business.
1. Craft and refine risk strategies which include defining risk controls, the customer experience and operational workflows with emphasis on minimizing the impact on customers, our brand and organizational critical metrics.
2. Use data driven insights to seize opportunity, measure performance and to determine what is working and what is not working; Monitor performance of existing & new solutions and optimize to ensure desired results.
3. Communicate concise and actionable business strategies and present new strategy recommendations to senior management for approval.
4. Collaborate with partners in Platform, Operations and other internal teams, as well as external partners like data vendors to formulate and execute fraud risk solutions.
Who are you?
1. Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics or related quantitative discipline.
2. 2+ years proven risk management experience or equivalent, including analytics, modeling implementation, and stakeholder management.
3. 2+ years of hands-on experience extracting and manipulating large data with SQL, experience with scripting in Python, Shell or R.
4. Experience building visualizations using large datasets and multiple data sources using Looker or Tableau.
- Master degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics or related quantitative discipline.
- 2-5 years proven fraud or credit risk experience or equivalent, including rule development, modeling implementation, and stakeholder management, in well-known fintech or internet companies preferred
- Must be an intuitive, organized analytical thinker, with the ability to perform detailed analysis. Knowledge of analytical tools and use of data to validate strategies or hypotheses.
- Demonstrates excellent consensus building written, verbal and presentation skills with senior leaders of the organization.
- Experience working with cross-functional, geographically distributed teams, managing by influence is a plus.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.