Senior IT Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
- Design and implement projects to improve our systems and processes, such as: endpoint management and security, SaaS administration, asset management
- Use existing tooling, or develop new tools, to solve IT infrastructure problems and automate common requests or processes
- Take ownership of a significant part of our IT environment - make decisions on what technology we invest in, own the implementation, and help build a world-class IT product for our employees
- Take ownership of software and hardware procurement, utilising and improving our from-the-factory automated configuration
- Build new and develop existing processes/SOPs for IT Operations Team to help improve the quality of support
- Leverage our device management tooling (Jamf and Intune) to remotely manage a fleet of 1500+ devices
- Administer, configure, and build on top of our identity providers and other tools (e.g. Okta, G-Suite)
- Be the responsible engineer for our Singapore office - help with escalated support requests and more challenging debugging with our IT Operations team
- Familiar with deploying and managing applications like Zoom, Slack, 1Password, using configuration management tools
- Work with our Security team and leaders across the organization to ensure our corporate IT controls meet the needs of our key stakeholders
What you'll bring
- 5+ years working in an IT support or engineering role
- 3+ years of proven expertise in scripting (Bash, Python, Powershell) automated solutions for deploying or managing devices beyond out of the box MDM capabilities
- In-depth experience with MDM tooling, endpoint configuration, and debugging device issues for Apple and Windows
- In-depth experience with IAM/SSO tools and best practices
- Technical knowledge in Google Workspace, Atlassian, Slack
- A great team player while also being able to work independently
- Enjoys finding solutions to difficult problems
- A self-starter who can quickly learn new skills
- Familiar with the intricacies of device deployment
- Strong interpersonal skills that you will use to build relationships with the business
- Proficiency in handling problems, issues and finding prompt solutions to resolve them
Additional Bonus Experience
- Familiar with cloud computing and network infrastructure.
- Proven experience in managing a sole site
- Proven experience working in a largely remote team/environment
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.