Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager (InfoSec)
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As an InfoSec Specialist (Governance Risk and Compliance) here at Airwallex, you will be a trusted member of the Information Security team and work closely with senior leadership regarding regulatory compliance, data privacy and other aspects of financial risk and governance.
Working closely with our Security Engineering Team, this role would suit someone with a strong software engineering background and who has moved into the World of cybersecurity and InfoSec.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of IT and INFOSEC, this role will see you being a critical part of Airwallex, helping to identify key information security risks to the organisation as well as designing proactive and preventative mitigation strategies through the development and management of information security policies and standards.
This is a dynamic and autonomous role that sees compliance as a problem to solve rather than a function, and requires experience in designing and implementing GRC related projects, including developing and managing policies and standards related to the security of our networks, systems and applications.
What you'll be doing
- Implement risk assessment framework and program that aligns to regulatory requirements, ensuring documented and sustainable compliance which enables business outcomes.
- Evaluate risks and co-develop security standards and policies to manage information security risks.
- Develop guidelines, checklists, and other resources to help non-technical employees understand information security requirements.
- Implement processes to automate and continuously monitor information security controls, exceptions, risks, and testing. Co-develop and maintain reporting metrics, dashboards, and evidence artefacts for the internal reporting and technology risk committee.
- Partner with the Data Privacy team to establish roles and responsibilities for data protection and privacy.
What you'll bring
- A passion for solving the complex challenges of high-growth startups.
- Self motivation and drive to learn new skills, or dive deeper into existing skills. A high level security degree or certification such as a MSc in Cybersecurity or similar. CISSP, CISA, CISM, ISO 27001 is highly desired.
- An understanding of Financial Services or Payments.
- A strong Engineering background and strong familiarity with Information Security concepts, practices, and solutions.
- Deep knowledge of relevant compliance, regulatory and control frameworks including PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, SOC2 and similar standards.
- Experience in Risk Management including the design and implementation of processes to identify, manage and mitigate information security risks.
- Working knowledge of and experience in the policy and regulatory environment of information security.
- Technical experience in cybersecurity operations to understand, incorporate and communicate technical aspects into the role.
- Understanding of cloud platform and application security.
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.