Senior Manager, Fraud Risk
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As the Senior Manager for Fraud Risk, you will take ownership for managing fraud rates across Airwallex products globally. This will require a cross-functional approach and balancing controls against business needs and the customer experience. You will serve a critical role in ensuring the safety and sustainability of Airwallex’s customers and business.
You will own overall performance and response to fraud risk and excessive disputes at the portfolio level, i.e., detection and mitigation of Merchant fraud: fraudulent or collusive merchants Transaction fraud: consumer-initiated fraud Card testing: Testing of stolen credentials Issuing fraud: fake account creation, unauthorized use of accounts.
What you'll be doing
- Play a leading role in building a global, technology driven fraud risk management function which covers risk monitoring, detection, policy and assurance across the global footprint of the Airwallex business.
- Oversee internal tools and external vendors for detection of fraud, card testing, issuing risk rules and KYC requirements.
- Drive fraud risk strategy and policy across all existing, and future, Airwallex products
- Collaborates with Risk Product to create merchant, consumer, and card testing rules, models, and machine learning.
- Design and draft risk policies and procedures relating to Fraud Risk
- Build relationships with key partners and stakeholders across commercial, product, engineering, data science, and compliance teams to effectively mitigate fraud risks at the portfolio, market, and merchant level.
- Create and refine merchant, consumer, and card testing fraud models, while continuously identifying key data points, analysis, and gaps for improvement
- Develop response playbook and outreach strategies for financial partner risk programs.
- At least 10+ (for senior manager) or +13 years (for director) of experience in payments-related roles, risk, or compliance function
- Experience in payment fraud management in an e-commerce or fintech highly regarded.
- Exposure to issuing Fraud in a global business environment.
- A mix of creativity and analytical ability, to distill key signals from data to detect trends and build models
- Disciplined approach to problem solving framing the problem, developing hypotheses, gathering data, back testing, and refining.
- Familiarity with Visa and Mastercard, as well as other financial partner risk compliance programs
- Good communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels, and ability to build collaborative cross-functional working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.