Associate Director, Sales (SME & Growth)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is looking for a highly strategic and metrics driven Associate Director in Sales, with strong experience to lead and build our rapidly growing sales function for the Singapore SME team. This is a career-defining opportunity to join our leadership team at Airwallex and be deeply involved in building our sales machine into a large, successful, scaled, revenue generating function.
What you will do:
- Lead, coach and manage a high performing team
- Develop and grow our account executives on sales methodologies, strategies, tactics to win and sales effectiveness
- Manage performance metrics and stay close to the ground as we find product market
- Actively drive the creation of our sales and GTM strategy: what our value props should be, how we should pitch, and iterate regularly based on results
- Manage multiple priorities and projects, diving into the details in a wide variety of tasks - from recruiting to performance and sales analysis
- Create and iterate on comp plans, team structure, and team operating models
- Directly assist in closing strategic and complex deals
- Optimise day to day operations of the team
What you will bring:
- 8+ years of experience working in high performance sales environments, ideally in startups or scale ups
- A proven track record of closing deals and experience carrying a quota for yourself and team
- Experience building and leading a team (scaling experience a plus) and more importantly, a strong passion for leadership and talent development
- Exceptional analytical and organisational skills - you will have to juggle multiple tasks- from getting on customer calls, closing deals with your team, reporting on metrics, to hiring your team, coaching reps, and working on GTM strategy
- A passion for sales and adding value; you enjoy the art of going to market and get excited about closing deals and helping customers
- Ambition to grow very quickly; this is a hyper-growth role in a rocketship company, looking for people who have a deep desire and ambition to excel quickly in their career
- Experience successfully leveraging Salesforce, Outreach.io, and a sales tech stack; you know how to use tools to rapidly achieve your strategy, vs basing your strategy primarily on tools
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?