Manager, Credit Risk
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Transaction Monitoring & North America Operations, you will help us to build Airwallex’s credit risk management capability in North America. You will evaluate and manage credit risk for businesses of all sizes, working closely with stakeholders across the North America region and globally. You will join the Airwallex Operations team during a critical period for the North America business. This is a great opportunity to join the team and help shape the next phase of Airwallex’s growth.
This will be a hybrid role with 3 working days required each week from our San Francisco office.
- Evaluate the business models and financial statements of a wide range of merchants to assess their creditworthiness and exposure risk
- Make recommendations on whether merchants can be served and/or whether any mitigating measures can be put into place to protect Airwallex
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve our tooling, processes and metrics to increase accuracy and improve operational efficiency
- Use analysis to identify strategies that can be deployed across our portfolio
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across Airwallex’s Operations and GTM teams to ensure that we provide a great experience for our customers
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in Credit Underwriting, preferably at a high-growth fintech
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles (e.g., IFRS & GAAP) and the ability to interpret complex financial statements
- Experience with different types of corporate group structures and business models (e.g., eCommerce sellers, marketplaces etc.)
- Analytical skills, including proficiency with relevant tools (e.g., Excel, Looker)
- The ability to think critically and creatively, balancing growth and risk
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to get to the root causes
- Obsessive attention to detail
- The ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?