Senior Credit Risk Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Americas Operations, you will help us to build Airwallex’s credit risk management capability starting in North America. You will evaluate and manage credit risk for businesses of all sizes, working closely with stakeholders in Commercial, Product, and Legal teams globally. You will join the Airwallex Operations team during a critical period for the North America business. At the moment, the team is early stage, offering ample room for growth in the coming years. You will be able to go fast and far, quite literally. That's why we are looking for an adaptable, self-motivated team player who can help shape the next phase of Airwallex’s growth by taking ownership and control over their workflows and who can own their own growth as we scale. We are a globally team with diverse skills and backgrounds. Our ideal candidate has a strong problem solving mindset, is a great communicator and has in-depth knowledge to formulate strategic recommendations on policies, procedures and practices.
Ideally, this will be a hybrid role with 3 working days required each week from our San Francisco office. We are open to this role working remotely as well from PST or MST time zones.
- Responsible for managing the credit portfolio of a wide range of merchants to assess their creditworthiness and exposure risk, playing a key role in underwriting framework, monitoring and reporting, and mitigating measures;
- Analyze the impact of business model, financial data, industry and macro-economic developments on the portfolio and the credit risk offering of Airwallex
- Drive continuous improvement of our credit risk management framework, including policies, tooling, procedures and practices, to improve the way we manage risk and increase efficiency to help scale our business;
- Provide credit risk expertise to a variety of stakeholders to ensure that credit risk is properly considered in product developments, commercial opportunities, and more;
- Clearly explain Airwallex’s credit risk policy to internal and external stakeholders.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in Credit Underwriting, preferably at a high-growth fintech
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles (e.g., IFRS & GAAP) and the ability to interpret and analyze complex financial statements
- Experience with merchant underwriting across different types of corporate group structures and business models (e.g., eCommerce sellers, marketplaces etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency with relevant tools (e.g., Excel, Looker)
- Ability to think critically and creatively, balancing growth, priorities, and risk while adapting to a changing environment
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to get to the root causes
- Excellent communicator, able to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.