Manager, Operations Strategy
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
About the role
As part of our Operations Strategy team, you’ll be responsible for shaping the customer experience in EMEA, driving key strategic initiatives and working cross-functionally to achieve best-in-class outcomes. You will play a key role in helping to define how we scale as a business and thinking holistically about what the operations of tomorrow should look like at Airwallex.
- Someone who enjoys ‘getting things done’ and finds ways to drive tangible outcomes
- A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to problem solving
- Someone who can look at the ‘big picture’ and set ambitious goals
- Success-oriented and accountable for delivering key outcomes
- Someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Someone with the ability to synthesize and communicate in a simple but effective manner
What you will be doing
- Identify and drive strategic projects across key operational functions, including onboarding, financial crime, customer support, and risk management
- Work on projects from end to end, with the ability to scope, design, implement and measure success
- Take a data driven approach to problem solving
- Work across functions to ensure stakeholder alignment
- Prepare and update materials covering divisional performance and project progress, highlighting progress towards goals, key risks and dependencies
- Handle special projects and ad hoc incoming requests, including deep dives on issues identified by leadership or functional teams
What you will bring
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably with a fast growing tech startup or top-tier strategy/management consultancy firm or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritize opportunities to focus on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?