Sales & Business Development
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Account Executive team is a core driver of growth within Airwallex. Based out of Melbourne or Sydney, you will be focused on selling our Acquiring, Card, FX & Payment API product to eCommerce retailers, marketplaces, online travel agents and other industries that are ideal for our product.
Your role as an Account Executive at Airwallex will center around leveraging your tech-savvy nature and passion for payments. Your experience will equip you to deliver impactful results with a focus on Mid-Market clients.We value candidates who exhibit a strong drive to succeed, possess high energy levels, and maintain a diligent work ethic, combined with a hunger for success, and high emotional intelligence
Join our team of passionate Tech Sales Professionals and take part in driving growth and innovation in the dynamic world of fintech. Your expertise and dedication will play a vital role in empowering businesses across Australia with our cutting-edge solutions.
- Proactive Hunting & pursuing fresh business opportunities throughout Australia leveraging your existing network, experience, and strategic prospecting in the SME segment.
- Own and drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close for new logos.
- Negotiate partnership agreements and commercial contracts in conjunction with legal, finance and strategy through to execution.
- Build and manage a strong, reliable pipeline, as well as help define best practices that will be the foundation for the Australian sales team.
What you will bring:
- You are a skilled seller, with a hunger for achieving new business growth through exceptional communication and rapport-building skills over the phone and in person.
- You have Proven success in tech sales, which will be invaluable in driving the expansion of our market share.
- You thrive on Independence, and you're always eager to take the initiative. Your commitment to delivering results shines through in everything you do.
- You are collaborative, you thrive working closely with various teams and customers to deliver world-class solutions.
- You can speak to anyone, you have exceptional communication skills and are comfortable conversing with all walks of life, even tech experts.
- You simplify complexity, your solution selling skills are second to none. You enjoy working with unique use cases and providing a tailored approach.
- You're all about success, you take full responsibility for achieving those crucial outcomes, hitting KPIs, and reaching revenue targets. With a track record of carrying quotas and selling solutions, you know how to get the job done. Winning is your game, and you make sure to focus on the nitty-gritty details when crafting those winning proposals and brainstorming creative solutions.
Meet our team.
Our Sales professionals come from a wide array of backgrounds and industries, such as SaaS tech companies, hospitality, FMCG, professional sports careers, and advertising, creating a diverse and enriching environment. What sets apart successful individuals at Airwallex is their collective drive for achievement, relentless determination, solid sales acumen, and knack for cultivating valuable connections. We place great value on fostering strong team connections, collaborating three days a week in our vibrant office setting and enjoying the flexibility of two remote workdays.
Check out a few team LinkedIn profiles here:
Ant Basmadjian 🐜 | LinkedIn
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.