Strategy and Operations, Licensing and LRC Office Americas
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
The Strategy and Operations Manager will be responsible for leading and project managing critical Legal, Risk and Compliance programs. Notably, our licensing applications in current and new markets, and renewing our existing licenses. This person will play a vital role in our LATAM expansion.
- Develop licensing strategy and project manage license applications with particular emphasis on new markets. Previous experience with LATAM experience is required.
- Work with our corporate development and legal teams to understand market entry requirements and licensing requirements to formulate the best strategy to apply for licenses in markets
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders such as the product team, the financial partnership team, legal team and local country teams to prepare application documents, regulatory business plans and presentation materials to regulators around the world
- Deal with regulators to respond to queries and feedback on application materials
- Manage license renewals for the Group
Who you are:
- You lean in – You are proactive with business partners to identify the important items in the regulatory roadmap and keep pace with a fast-moving business
- You are a strategic program manager – You possess strong organizational skills and have a proven track record of managing large and complex projects
- You improve - You are naturally drawn to process improvement with the ability to identify inefficiencies and uplift processes accordingly
- You are heard - You display strong communication skills which allows you to communicate effectively with stakeholders from various departments
- You are a team player – You build rapport and become a vital part of a small and fast-paced team
- You are a doer – You conduct yourself in an autonomous way to deliver on the above...a key skill in any FinTech
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. JD preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years work experience in a blend of consulting, legal or compliance functions
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong writing and communications skills including the ability to articulate legal and regulatory obligations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and to deliver results
- Experience with financial technology and/or payment businesses related licensing activities
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.