Growth Data Science Lead
Sales & Business Development, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Manage and grow a globally distributed growth data science team to develop machine learning models, run experiments / causal analyses, and deliver insights to shape Airwallex’s growth strategy
• Perform as a strategic thought leader for Data Science, Marketing, Growth Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute GTM strategy and investment decisions
• 8+ years industry experience and an advanced degree (PhD or MS) in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Engineering, Sciences, Computer Science, Economics)
• 2+ years of management experience in data science or other relevant quantitative functions
• 5+ years of experience communicating the results of analyses to leadership teams and cross-functional teams to influence the strategy
• Passion for management and creating opportunities for career growth for team members
• Demonstrated ability to create, drive and execute impactful data roadmaps for the business
• Technical mentorship experience with machine learning and experimentation in an industry setting
• Expert in data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R); experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling a plus
• Experience in technology, financial services and/or a high growth environment is advantageous
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.