Senior People Business Partner
People & HR
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Senior People Business Partner, Australia is a brand new growth role that will support Airwallex employees and managers across Australia. You will provide expert guidance and data-driven insights to help people leaders achieve growth objectives, and support a high performance, engaged culture. This is an ideal position for a builder, someone who loves taking on key projects and executing. By forming effective relationships with people across the organisation you will drive forward new initiatives, resolve blockers to success, and advocate for improvements at both a local and global level.
- Be the lead People Partner in Australia working closely with multiple department leaders in Australia
- Partner with and coach managers to build high performing and engaged teams, including review employee engagement data and enabling them to lead on action plans and support execution
- Provide coaching on matters including leadership development, workforce planning, policy and procedure, employee engagement, performance management, career development
- Ensure that any employee relations issues are identified, reported, investigated, and resolved
- Reduce risk and ensure regulatory compliance by maintaining knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day employee management, and understand when to escalate issues
- Partner with the People Team across the globe to gain alignment on people philosophy and programs where achievable, and localise programs as needed
- Participate in performance reviews and help identify and develop talent throughout the organisation
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or equivalent practical experience
- 5 or more years of HR Generalist / HRBP experience, including working knowledge of regional employment laws and best practices
- Experience in a fast-growth or start-up environment preferred
- Demonstrated success partnership alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- Discretion and sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Comfort working with cloud technologies such as Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, Lever, and BambooHR
- Very strong EQ, with fine tuned instincts and problem-solving skills
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.