Senior Data Engineer (Relocate to Shanghai, Beijing or Singapore)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
At Airwallex, you will work closely with a group of talented engineers with a passion for learning through solving the most challenging problems with cutting-edge technology. In this Data Engineering role, you need to have systemic thinking with data content architectural design and will be building a metrics layer to handle data at a massive scale. And you will be building robust data modeling to produce high-quality, consistent, structured data for running business applications and enabling less tech-savvy colleagues to do self-service analytics. In short, you will make Airwallex to be a truly data-driven organization. We are looking for talented senior Data Engineers excited about redefining what it means to do Data Engineering. However, we also recognize that each Data Engineer has a unique blend of skills. Whether your strength is in data modeling or data processing, we want to talk to you.
- Work in a variety of settings to build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret.
- Develop and automate large-scale, high-performance distributed data processing systems (batch/ streaming) to drive Airwallex business growth and improve the product experience.
- Evangelize high-quality software engineering practices toward building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines were reliable, efficient, testable, and maintainable and were largely in charge of architecting solutions.
- Design our data content models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Contribute to shared Data Engineering tooling standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Data Engineers across the company.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a data engineer.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS/CE/CIS (or equivalent experience) with knowledge of Kotlin / Java / Scala / Python / SQL. Knowledge of Spring Boot, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, BigQuery, and Snowflake is preferred.
- Ability to take ownership of designing, building, and operating distributed systems and establishing overarching data architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of Real-time/Batch processing systems.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore. (Onsite, Full-time)
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.