Associate Director, Product Strategy & Operations
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is looking for a Product Strategy & Operations leader who will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between our customers, commercial and product teams. As the sole leader of our Global Product Strategy & Operations team, you will directly contribute to the direction of Airwallex’s product strategy, proposition and operational functions that will scale our product organisation. This role reports directly into our SVP, Global Head of Product, and can be based in our Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, or Hong Kong offices.
What you will do:
- Drive product-market fit across Airwallex’s entire product suite globally by working closely across product, sales, marketing and strategy teams
- Taking a hands-on approach, build a deep understanding of our customers, market, competitors with commercial and product feedback loops to shape an effective product and commercial strategy
- Leverage first principles problem solving skills to develop Airwallex’s strategic ‘product bets’ over the next 3 years to unlock new customer segments and use cases
- Build out the operational processes necessary for the wider product organisation to execute at quality, speed and scale through our intense global expansion and growth phase
- Hire and develop a global team capable of driving strategic, innovative product direction, setting all of Airwallex up for success
- Deliver thoroughly researched key recommendations to senior stakeholders including the CEO, SVP of Product, and wider product and commercial leaders
What you will bring:
- 7+ years of progressive experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm or a product strategy function at a fast growing tech company
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritize opportunities to focus on - You are willing to roll up sleeves and go deep into the assigned problem
- Track record of collaborating across teams – You can effectively partner with sales, operations, design, marketing, product and data analytics
- Strong written and spoken communication skills - you’re able to articulate complex concepts in a simple way
- Strong analytical and first principles-led problem solving skills
- Technology, financial services and experience in a high growth environment is good to have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with demonstrated academic achievement
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.