Director, Financial Crime Compliance, APAC
Accounting & Finance, Legal
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Reporting functionally to the Global Head of FCC, this role will seek to advance the Airwallex compliance agenda. You will play an influential role in our growth story whilst managing the FCC team in the region with the most significant contribution to the global business in terms of revenue. Heading up FCC for APAC is therefore a critical, senior role with the ability for the right person to make a real impact to both the regional and the global business.
- Develop/Refine/Enhance/Maintain Airwallex’s FCC compliance framework for the APAC region while looking for global consistency and efficiency in adherence with all relevant local rules and regulations
- Consistently support and oversee KYC and due diligence processes together with the Compliance operations team
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external partners as well as regulators and banking partners
- Design and execute reports to measure success and performance of initiatives
- Drive internal controls design and monitoring to support Compliance Operational policies and procedures
- Assist with the development/analysis/review of compliance related initiatives Partner with Compliance operations, Legal, Engineering, Product, Strategy, and Business Development to achieve results for the firm by ensuring FinCrime risks are called out and mitigated and applicable regulatory requirements are met
- Continually identify, redefine and execute solutions for KYC, screening and TM needs across systems, teams, policies and processes
- Design and execute/compile reports to measure success and performance of FCC initiatives, program, operations, critical metrics and Key Risk Indicators
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments
- 12+ years of FCC related compliance experience
- Experience in managing a team is strongly preferred
- Background in Fintech, ecommerce, Regtech, compliance consulting, or financial services
- Bachelor's Degree, candidates with legal training (e.g. LLB / JD / PCLL) will be a strong plus
- Bilingual in Chinese and English
- Expertise in AML/CTF rules and regulations
- Certification in FCC related areas (i.e.CAMS) will be a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and communications skills to articulate the issue and provide recommended solutions to address it in an effective and efficient way
- Working knowledge of how various FinCrime related controls can be designed/operate to address the relevant typologies/risks and regulatory requirements
- Ability to multitask and handle challenging priorities under demanding deadlines, work with colleagues globally
- Ability to understand the bigger picture while operating in focused manner
- Outstanding time management, presentation, and relationship building skills
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.