Sales Development Representative - France
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
About the role
Based out of our London office (LABS House), this role will be focused on generating and qualifying leads that will build Airwallex’s SME and Growth sales pipeline across the French market. As a French-speaking Sales Development Representative (SDR), you should be excited about engaging with prospects to find out about their needs, adept at identifying high-value opportunities and capable of managing early sales funnel activities.
You are used to delivering value in complex situations and are energised by learning about new and existing products. Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of the demand generation and sales process, the articulation of Airwallex’s value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets.
With the commission structure for this role, there is a significant upside for won opportunities.
With the team, there are many opportunities to progress as the business continues to grow. If you’re hungry, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
We operate in a hybrid model, we work from the office a minimum of 3 days a week.
What you'll be doing
- Initiate contact with potential customers through email outreach or cold calling and follow up on designated touchpoints in a customer journey
- Move quality leads through the funnel while connecting them to a salesperson and arranging meetings
- Develop relationships with prospects to uncover needs through effective questioning to qualify interest and viability to prepare hand-off to sales
- Update activity and contact information within the CRM system and support reporting efforts
- Inform and recommend outreach strategies and best practices through testing various types of touchpoints
- Contribute to building out best practices in this area as we grow the team
- Collaborate and provide feedback and insights to Marketing to help improve targeting and messaging
- Work closely with Account Executives on the handover & first call
- Target-oriented - You are motivated by stretch targets that facilitate business growth and reward you for direct impact
- Customer focused - You are excited to learn about your prospect’s business and rely on data to help solve issues
- Process driven - You enjoy developing, documenting, and following procedures to ensure they are efficient, scalable, and defensible
- A team player - You are a natural at building relationships with your colleagues but can work independently at ease
- A master prioritizer - You leverage sound judgment to quickly assess all the tasks at hand and expertly prioritize them
- Obsessively Curious - You know when to dig a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it; in doing so, you ask the right questions necessary to arrive at a sound, risk-based decision
What you'll bring:
- Track record of top performance or prior success in a related activity
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in French are a must
- Strong interest in technology and/or financial services
- Self-starter who is able to operate in a hyper-growth environment
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.