Strategy Manager - EMEA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, EMEA, your role will be to contribute to the success of the company by shaping Airwallex’ strategy in EMEA. Your role will be to identify the most urgent priorities and then support the team to deliver against them. You will take direct accountability for doing so where needed.
Success in this role means that the EMEA team is successfully delivering against its growth ambition in the region. You will work as part of a small, data-driven world-class team. You will interact with stakeholders across the business - including Product, Ops, Legal, Marketing and Sales across EMEA and globally.
What You'll Do...
- Shape the product strategy to expand Airwallex’ product offering in EMEA, working closely with senior commercial and product functions to bring new products to market
- Drive revenue by optimising the go-to-market strategy for Airwallex products and channels in EMEA
- Lead a variety of expansion projects to expand Airwallex’ presence in EMEA by partnering with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the business
- Assist the Sales and Marketing teams in some key commercial initiatives in EMEA (e.g. analyse regional pricing strategies, implement data-driven vertical strategies and go-to-market experiments)
- Build & maintain operational and financial models to support everyday business operations, including revenue forecasting, reporting and ad hoc analyses.
What You Bring...
- You have a bias for action and enjoy getting things done to drive tangible outcomes
- You’re a strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies
- You’re success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- You enjoy working collaboratively with people across functions and cultures
- You have the ability to simplify & communicate some of the most complex problems
- You aren’t afraid to work in ambiguity in an early stage environment
What You Have...
- An outstanding record of academic achievement
- About 5 years of work experience, ideally in top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking and/or in a startup environment
- Strong analytical skills, including data modelling and working with data reporting tools (Looker, Tableau, SQL)
- A self-starter who can think big, identify and prioritise the opportunities to focus on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Fintech, financial services or technology experience in a high growth environment is advantageous
- Experience with solving problems for business customers
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.