Senior Account Executive, SME & Growth
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
What We are Looking For:
We are looking for a seasoned sales professional with a hunger to grow our Small to Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) business from 0 to 1 in Canada. The right person has a proven track record of exceeding targets, has a proven strategy and process to drive a successful outbound B2B sales motion. You will have strong negotiation, analytical and communications skills, to establish meaningful and challenging conversations with C-level and company founders that lead you to establish strong relationships and close big deals with these companies.
You will be fully responsible for prospecting leads, activating your networking and creating business connections. And SDR will partially assist you to reinforce your capability to make cold calls, prospect, build your own pipeline and set meetings for you. Working together you can make sure you’re making the most of your time!
We are looking to hire our first seller in the Toronto area. In the long term, this role will have a hybrid in-office component.
You Will Make Impact By:
- Implementing a multithreaded outbound sales approach for prospecting leads, activating your networking and creating business connections
- Owning the outbound sales process from end-to-end
- Being an expert in all aspects of the Airwallex platform, our customers, and our solutions
- Clearly communicating the challenges in the cross-border payments industry and the value of Airwallex solutions to empower companies to go global
- Negotiate partnership agreements and commercials contracts in conjunction with legal, finance and strategy through to execution
- Help craft and redesign processes to ensure Airwallex can move quickly and succeed at scale
- Being a team player and setting the standard for our entire SME sales function
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, minimum 3 years of outbound sales in the Fintech or Payment space
- A proven record of exceeding targets in outbound B2B sales and experience selling solutions in target verticals including e-commerce, marketplaces, and SaaS/Technology
- B2B Payments API experience is preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, articularly in 0-1 mode (e.g., helped to launch and grow a new product or region)
- Strategic thinker and able to drive 'partnership' conversations vs. 'sales' conversations - Solution Oriented
- A FIO (Figure It Out) attitude and are willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong analytical skills and an organized way of thinking/working
- Proficient in GSuite and sales tech tools like Salesforce, Outreach, Zoominfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator and more..
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary, commission plan and pre-IPO equity, Generous vacation, sick leave and company holiday schedule
- Wide ranging responsibilities and opportunities to grow including possible international assignments or permanent transfers
- Assortment of health and wellness benefits including multiple medical coverage options several with $0 premium cost to the employee
- Other perks and more…
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.