Director, Marketing, SEA
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is looking for a world class B2B marketer to drive growth and help scale our South East Asia business. You will work closely with commercial and strategy teammates, and will report directly to the General Manager, Asia. You’ll act as a B2B marketing all-rounder and will accelerate our customer acquisition efforts via a mix of online and offline channels. This will be a senior hire on the South East Asia team and we are looking for a resourceful, creative go-getter who is willing to strategize, implement, test and iterate to help us scale our marketing efforts. This is a truly career defining opportunity and you will have ample opportunity to drive major impact with significant autonomy.
- Own Marketing strategy and planning - develop a comprehensive B2B Marketing strategy across all channels to acquire and retain customers to support the SEA businesses.
- Drive performance marketing - work with the SEA Commercial team and Global Marketing team to plan and execute online performance campaigns including paid social, display, and SEM
- Manage offline marketing campaigns - analyze opportunities and own the launch of offline campaigns, including first- and third-party events
- Oversee local product launches - work with our strategy, go-to-market, and Product Marketing teams to launch new products in the Americas
- Drive content marketing - partner with the Content Marketing team to layout and execute a comprehensive content strategy, including industry-specific whitepapers
- Optimize CRM strategy - work with the account management team and Global Marketing team to scale and optimize email marketing campaigns
- Performance management - review, discuss, and analyze the current performance of marketing campaigns and iterate based on early findings
- Deliver insights - surface customer insights that enrich our understanding of our buyer personas, and craft a value proposition that resonates with key segments
- Structured and analytical: You get in the data to find out what is going on and yet know how to uplevel - you don’t lose sight of the forest for the trees
- A problem solver: you expect challenges to arise and you are ready to roll up your sleeves to solve them
- Hungry to win: your passion drives you to find creative solutions to win
- An expert communicator: you know how to digest, synthesize and communicate complex information in an easy to understand way - whether internally or to potential customers
- Customer obsessed: you really care about what the customer thinks and are always finding ways to reach customers and adjust our value props accordingly
- Willing to get in the weeds: You have a mastery of strategy, but are also eager to go deep on campaign performance and execution
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10+ years experience in Marketing (ideally B2B) and familiarity with both online and offline channels
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and a customer obsessed approach
- An innate desire to Past fintech and startup experience is a plus
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.