Senior Account Executive, Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The Enterprise Account Executive is a key sales role at Airwallex. Based out of our Singapore oﬃce, you will be focused on selling our FX, Payments and Card Issuing API product to eCommerce retailers, marketplaces, ﬁntech, online travel agencies and other industries that are ideal for our product. You will use your deep network and expertise in closing complex deals to not only drive revenue yourself, but also execute the region’s go-to-market initiatives. A successful candidate will be comfortable as a team player and he/she will be enthusiastic about the opportunity to work together with a high performing team, drive go-to-market strategies and process optimization in the Airwallex Platform team.
- Work with our SDR and acquire new enterprise customers across APAC through your existing network and experience
- Own and drive the entire deal cycle from prospecting to go live
- Identify new companies, use cases and prospects through research with help of our SDR team
- Work with Marketing, Strategy, and other functions to architect and execute a well-oiled machine to drive sales funnel conversion
- Build and manage a strong, reliable pipeline, as well as help define best practices that will be the foundation for the APAC sales team
- Work collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Provide regular reporting against KPIs, metrics and targets
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies tailored to specific target verticals and/or companies;
- A top performing sales professional with a proven track record of new business solution selling, ideally within FX, payment, transaction banking, card issuings in target verticals including eCommerce, marketplaces, fintech, online travel agents, etc
- Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes, including KPIs and revenue targets
- You are technically minded and have prior experience working in API sales for a similar company
- Happy to work in a fast-paced environment and have a level of maturity to run your own race within the organization
- At least 7 years of experience selling a complex technology product to enterprise accounts (preferably with several years in fintech)
- Broad existing network of key decision makers for payments solutions at our target prospects -- such as major eCommerce, marketplace, fintech, online travel, digital content and similar network/platform businesses
- A startup mindset, with prior experience in selling complex, API-driven solutions
- Besides strong analytical skills and an organized way of working, you will have excellent communication and solution selling selling skills (directly tailored to customer needs) and experience in identifying and influencing key decision makers and stakeholders
What we offer:
- Ground floor opportunity with fast-growing global fintech
- Competitive salary with uncapped commissions
- An amazing team in Hong Kong who can teach you everything about payments and coach you on how to navigate the organization
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.