VP, Enterprise Sales
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The VP, Enterprise Sales will build, manage and retain a world class enterprise sales team who are responsible for driving revenue growth across ANZ. Reporting to the General Manager, you will play a central role in expanding Airwallex’s commercial footprint to Australian and New Zealand clients. You will use your deep network and expertise in closing complex deals to not only drive revenue yourself, but also to develop a high-performance team to execute the region’s go-to-market initiatives. A successful candidate will be equally comfortable as a player and as a coach, and he/she will be enthusiastic about the opportunity to help shape the commercial strategy for Airwallex in Australia and New Zealand.
The ideal candidate will bring to Airwallex several years of relevant enterprise sales management experience and will come from another top-tier player in fintech. Hands-on experience with the end-to-end value chain of payments and the intricacies of cross-border flows is highly desirable. A proven track record of selling sophisticated, technology-led solutions to network/platform businesses such as B2C/B2B marketplaces for online retail, content, advertising, freelancer services and education is critical.
- Develop and manage a top-performing sales team and guide team members to succeed at both exceeding targets and collaborating with their colleagues
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies tailored to specific target verticals and/or companies; work with Strategy, and other functions to architect and execute a well-oiled machine to drive sales funnel conversion
- Set team and individual KPIs, design the corresponding compensation plans and hold your team members accountable, while creating an environment that brings out the best in everyone
- Identify emerging markets and potential prospects
- Implement tools and scalable processes to nurture the pipeline, track and report progress, and accurately forecast sales target volumes and revenues
- Negotiate agreements and commercial contracts in conjunction with legal, finance and strategy through to execution
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of sales experience in enterprise technology (preferably with several years in fintech), including 5+ years of building and managing teams with a demonstrated track record of increasing success
- Broad existing network of key decision makers for payments solutions at our target prospects such as major eCommerce, online travel, digital content and similar network/platform businesses
- Technically minded, with prior experience in selling complex, API-driven solutions
- A strong leader with the innate ability to attract top-tier talent and inspire the team to over-achieve
- Well suited to a fast-paced, globally-dispersed environment and highly self-motivated
- Willing to travel domestically (and occasionally internationally) as required to achieve the desired results
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.