Engineering Manager - FX
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
The FX team is the jewel in the crown of our Australian Engineering Division. The team comprises deep financial services domain knowledge and has extensive engineering experience working across low latency mission critical distributed systems.
The FX Engineering Manager is a high-impact role, requiring close collaboration with product & engineering teams across the organization to maintain & evolve a mission critical foreign exchange platform that provides seamless global native capability across Airwallex’s diverse product ecosystem including card issuing, payments and acquiring. The role will include both people & technical leadership responsibilities and will require you to design and execute an engineering strategy in partnership with the organization's senior technical & business leaders. You will be responsible for both the delivery & overall health of the FX engineering domain.
2024 presents a unique opportunity to streamline our FX pricing & risk management capability, and re-architect the APIs and workflow engines that power our FX enabled customer experience across payments, conversions and multi-currency card spend.
We'd Love You to Have:
- Solid foreign exchange domain knowledge
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, with a focus on solving availability & consistency challenges across mission critical, distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring a team of developers
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with backend technologies is essential. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using, we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Experience developing and maintaining automated tests and quality control processes
- Evidence of working on high volume distributed systems. Strong cloud experience GCP (preferred) or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes
- Experience integrating with observability tooling such as Splunk, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.