Staff Data Scientist
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
* Uplevel the data science team by providing technical mentorship, assuming hands-on leadership to resolve complex problems, and setting the vision for longer term direction
* Serve as a strategic thought leader with Marketing, Growth Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute GTM strategy and investment decisions
* Develop predictive models to identify high-value users for Marketing and Commercial teams
* Apply machine learning and/or statistical models to measure causal impact of Marketing initiatives
* Develop attribution models to quantify the impact of different campaigns, channels, and other initiatives on conversions
* Design and implement experiments to measure impact of ad spend, brand campaigns, and other Marketing initiatives
- 7+ years industry experience and an advanced degree (PhD or MS) in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Engineering, Sciences, Computer Science, Economics)
- Experience with communicating the results of analyses to leadership teams and cross-functional teams to influence the strategy
- Technical mentorship experience with machine learning and experimentation in an industry setting
- Expert in machine learning and statistical modeling to drive data-informed decisions, experience with deploying production machine learning models a plus
- Expert in data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R); experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling a plus
- Experience in technology, financial services and/or a high growth environment is advantageous
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.