Senior Manager, Financial Partner Risk, Global
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Risk, the Senior Manager, Financial Partner Risk is a critical role aligning airwallex’s risk appetite with that of our global financial partners including issuing and acquiring banks as well as payment method and scheme partnerships. Exceptional leadership, strategic thinking, and collaboration with key stakeholders across the organisation are essential for success in this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as an industry expert to respond to all risk related requirements and inquiries from financial partners including major card schemes (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and all payment transfer methods (e.g. NACHA, Klarna) explaining current Airwallex policies and practices
- Gain buy-in and design any controls needed to obtain additional licensing or permission needed for new products or business expansion
- Ensure that all Airwallex risk management policies, practices and outcomes are in line with financial partner contractual obligations and industry standards
- Build trust with financial partners with positive feedback from the partnerships team and financial partners
- Create a library of high quality “playbooks” to explain risk management policies and processes to external partners
- Avoid major escalations or facilitate a quick exit from any program identifications or program risk concerns
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in risk management, financial engineering, or related fields
- 8+ years of at least one aspect of risk management (e.g. credit, fraud) with a bonus of “well rounded” individuals with experience in multiple areas
- 5+ years with a scheme partner (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, China Union Pay) or major commercial bank (Citibank, JP Morgan, Standard Chartered, DBS)
- Experience in representing the company to external parties with strong influencing and presentation skills
- Experience in start-up Fintech is highly preferred
- Independent, self-starter and works well with cross-functional teams
- An understanding of Enterprise risk management is added bonus
- Masters in a quantitative field, or MBA, or additional relevant certifications (e.g. CAMS, CFA) is a bonus
Life at Airwallex:
💸 We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲 We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Flexible working available, plus an epic working space in the heart of Singapore
🥗 On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams and catered social lunches
🧘 Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised and private support
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪 Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵 Paid community and volunteer leave
💸 Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.