Senior Payroll Specialist, Global
Accounting & Finance
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
Airwallex is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Payroll Specialist, Global to join our team in Malaysia. Reporting to the Global Payroll Manager based in Singapore, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the end-to-end payroll processing function for our regional and global team. Your main objective will be to ensure accurate and timely payroll disbursements while ensuring compliance with local payroll regulations and company policies globally.
Global Payroll Operations:
- Support global payroll operations, including ensuring accurate and efficient payroll processing, compliance with region-specific securities regulations and employment tax requirements, month-end/year end close procedures
- Prepare employee separation calculations templates for redundancies, resignations, terminations (Employee Termination Payments).
- Handle employee queries in relation to pay issues, award changes, new policies etc, resolving any payroll enquiries in a professional manner.
- Partner with legal and HR to support implementation of “Employment of Record” services as part of international expansion efforts
- Maintain payroll documentations and processes, FAQs, response templates.
- Knowledge of regional tax regulations would be an advantage
- Identify and implement improvements to Payroll processes and sub processes
Global Payroll System Management:
- Support implementation of a single & unified global payroll solution for each entity in the organization
- Maximize payroll data and workflow automations by leveraging system integrations capabilities of the payroll system.
- Support the evolution of payroll systems and tools to ensure effective optimisation and best practice procedures are implemented and executed
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in end-to-end payroll processing, preferably in a high tech environment with a regional or global presence.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information securely.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify and resolve payroll discrepancies and issues.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with the ability to analyze data and generate meaningful reports for management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.