Manager, Sales Development
Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
About the Role
Shape the future of global payments and spearhead a high-performing Sales Development team at Airwallex, the financial technology leader disrupting cross-border payments. This role is for a passionate leader who thrives on building and optimizing processes, mentoring talent, and driving exceptional sales results for both the SME and enterprise business.
Plan to work remotely as you start this role in Austin, switching to 2 days in office when we obtain a space in the market.
Lead with Vision and Strategy:
- Craft and execute a comprehensive Sales Development strategy: Align with company goals, define lead generation targets, and develop a data-driven approach to optimize the SDR program.
- Build a world-class SDR team: Recruit, onboard, and coach high-performing SDRs, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Champion best practices: Implement effective training programs, coaching methodologies, and performance management frameworks to maximize individual and team potential.
Fuel the Sales Pipeline:
- Develop and execute targeted outreach campaigns: Identify and qualify leads across diverse industries and geographies, leveraging a deep understanding of Airwallex's value proposition and market trends.
- Optimize the lead qualification process: Implement effective questioning techniques and data analysis to ensure high-quality leads reach the sales team, maximizing conversion rates.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing: Foster seamless communication and alignment across departments to ensure a smooth customer journey and drive pipeline growth.
Drive Impact and Growth:
- Analyze data and metrics: Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify opportunities for improvement and continuously refine the SDR program for maximum impact.
- Contribute to strategic decision-making: Provide data-driven insights and recommendations to inform broader sales and business strategies.
- Champion innovation: Embrace new technologies and methodologies to enhance the SDR program and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving sales landscape.
What We Look For:
- Possess 2+ years of experience leading and managing high-performing Sales Development teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a proven track record of exceeding lead generation and pipeline growth targets.
- Are a master of sales enablement, skilled in designing and implementing effective sales plays and training programs.
- Thrive in a data-driven environment, utilizing analytics to optimize processes and drive continuous improvement.
- Possess strong leadership and coaching skills, able to motivate and inspire team members to achieve their full potential.
- Are a strategic thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fostering strong relationships across the organization.
- A FIO (Figure It Out) attitude and are willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in GSuite and sales tech tools like Salesforce, Outreach, Zoominfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator and more..
- Experience in fintech or B2B Payments space strongly preferred
We are open to a wide range of experiences so please apply if the role looks interesting, even if you don’t think you meet all the qualifications
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary, commission plan and pre-IPO equity, generous vacation, sick leave and company holiday schedule
- Wide ranging responsibilities and opportunities to grow including possible international assignments or permanent transfers
- Assortment of health and wellness benefits including multiple medical coverage options several with $0 premium cost to the employee
- Other perks and more
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.