Account Executive, Sales
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
Airwallex aspires to serve the fastest growing businesses globally. The SME & Growth team focuses on bringing in new startups and small-to-mid-market businesses onto the Airwallex platform. You will leverage your skills in pitching, creating solutions, and negotiating with customers to grow our business in the region while helping business owners, finance teams, and e-commerce teams improve their financial operations.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for building relationships, selling, and negotiating, and a desire to revolutionise the way companies transact globally. If you have a customer-first mentality, are solution-focused, obsessively curious about everything, and have the desire to make an impact and grow yourself, our market, and our customers, then you have found your calling!
What you'll be doing
- Identify high-potential prospects and use effective strategies to generate leads that drive revenue growth.
- Develop and implement scalable sales strategies to drive new customer acquisition.
- Identify and understand prospects' pain points to propose solutions, owning the full sales cycle from prospecting to close.
- Lead commercial negotiations to increase customer revenue.
- Develop strategies to maximise acquisition of new revenue and market share within a specified territory.
- Ensure the best onboarding process and customer experience for new customers, working cross-functionally to solve customer pain points and improve our product.
- Maintain a database of current and potential customers using our CRM
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably selling a complex product with a track record of top performance.
- Passionate about sales with the ability to develop and execute strategies for a particular territory.
- Experience identifying and influencing key decision makers and stakeholders from finance managers to CEOs, with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving multiple products.
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in technology/financial services and a deep understanding of the space.
- Success-oriented and are willing to "go the extra mile" in your work as needed to achieve results
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.