Senior Manager, Deal Desk, Revenue Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
As the Deal Desk Manager for US and EMEA Enterprise teams, you will enable our field team to price strategically, better understand our complex pricing structures and billing environment, and focus on continually improving our deal desk processes and tools. This is a great opportunity for somebody who enjoys working with field teams, is unafraid of going deep into product and pricing knowledge, and is a wizard with a Google spreadsheet.
This role will be based in San Francisco, with 2 days per week in our downtown office required.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as a trusted advisor for the field team on deal structuring, pricing strategy, product pricing, and internal billing capabilities
- Work closely with regional sales teams on pricing complex deals for strategic clients, balancing between building complex spreadsheet models and training reps to structure deals on their own
- Lead pricing and deal structuring training, serving as the local subject matter expert
- Improve and maintain internal guidelines and documentation for deal enablement
- Automate manual pricing processes to improve deal velocity, partnering with product, finance, and systems teams
- Support enterprise incentives analysis, by leading annual incentive plan reviews, quarterly commission calculations, and relevant leadership communications
- Reporting into a global team, this role will spend their time as follows:
- 50% of their time focused on regional deal structuring, pricing strategy, and deal enablement
- 30% of their time focused on global process improvements across deal desk initiatives and tools
- 20% on incentives analysis, including annual plan assessments and quarterly commissions calculations
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have 2-6 years of revenue operations, deal desk, sales strategy or finance experience
- Have strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Have strong spreadsheet modeling skills, specifically in Google Sheets
- Be a demonstrated partner with sales teams and other cross functional departments
- Be able to synthesize and communicate in a simple but effective manner
- Be highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Thrive in fast paced and hyper growth environment
- Be success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- Be able to work collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Have a basic understanding of revenue recognition rules
- Have Salesforce experience (preferred but not required)
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.