Sales Development Associate
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We're currently looking for a Sales Development Representative in our team. You will drive Airwallex's future growth engine to develop leads that will build Airwallex’s sales pipeline. You get excited about engaging with prospects to qualify needs better, thinking creatively and independently about outreach strategies. You are adept at identifying high-value opportunities and capable of managing early sales funnel activities. Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the prospecting and sales process, the articulation of Airwallex’s value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets. With the commission structure for this role, there is a significant upside for won opportunities. If you’re hungry, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- Develop relationships with prospects to uncover needs through effective questioning to qualify interest and viability.
- Move qualified leads through the buyer journey with the goal of booking product demonstrations.
- Execute ‘plays’ or designed touch points in a customer journey through cold calls, emails, chat and social media.
- Present product information to customers once you have identified their needs.
- Effectively work through lead list meeting/exceeding SLAs, consistently update activity and contact information within the CRM system and support weekly reporting efforts.
- Inform and recommend outreach strategies and best practices by testing various touch points.
What you'll bring
- Strong motivator and self starter who is able to operate in a hyper growth environment.
- Natural communicator who loves connecting to people.
- Ambitious to make an impact and have a constant desire to improve yourself.
- Demonstrate resilience to adapt to changing market conditions and maintain consistent sales performance.
- Process driven - You enjoy developing, documenting, and following procedures to ensure they are efficient, scalable, and defensible.
- A team player - You are a natural at building relationships with your colleagues but can work independently at ease.
- Track record of top performance or prior success in an SDR-related role.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin is required.
- Strong interest in technology and/or financial services.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.