Data Engineering Expert (SQL, Python / Java), Shanghai
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
In 2024, the global data team is actively scaling up, and we're eager to explore more talents to join our R&D centers in Singapore and Shanghai. Your contribution will play a pivotal role in steering the data team into the next step - the era of AI in Airwallex.
As a data engineering expert, you'll delve into various facets of data engineering, starting from end-to-end data modeling to writing DBT, enhancing data content, and exploring underlying aspects such as Flink ETL. If you're intrigued by the realm of AI, we wholeheartedly encourage our team members to engage in the journey of AI projects, from conception to fruition.
Join us in shaping the future of finance through innovative data solutions!
- We expect you to possess a solid understanding and experience in both the foundational aspects of data engineering and data content. An interest in end-to-end work and topics related to AI is highly desirable. As our data team is distributed across different regions, we value candidates with a global perspective and excellent English communication skills.
- Work in a variety of settings to build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret.
- Develop and automate large-scale, high-performance distributed data processing systems (batch/ streaming) to drive Airwallex business growth and improve the product experience.
- Evangelize high-quality software engineering practices toward building data infrastructure and pipelines at scale.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines were reliable, efficient, testable, and maintainable and were largely in charge of architecting solutions.
- Design our data content models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Contribute to shared Data Engineering tooling standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Data Engineers across the company.
- Over 5 years of hands-on experience in the dynamic field of data engineering.
- Hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS / CE / CIS or possess equivalent expertise, showcasing proficiency in Kotlin, Java, Scala, Python, and SQL. Familiarity with Spring Boot, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, BigQuery, and Snowflake is a plus.
- Expertise in crafting robust processes that underpin data transformation, and manage data structures, metadata, dependencies, and workloads.
- Possess a strong command of Real-time and Batch-processing systems.
- Proven track record of conducting in-depth root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes, addressing specific business inquiries, and identifying enhancement opportunities.
- Exceptional analytical skills, particularly in handling unstructured datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to take charge of designing, constructing, and maintaining distributed systems, while establishing an overarching data architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitating seamless collaboration across teams in both Mandarin and English.
- SQL, Python, Spring boot, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, BigQuery, Snowflake, Airflow
- Plus - Java, Kotlin
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.