Senior Associate, Onboarding Operations
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
An exciting opportunity has come up in our North America Operations team to join our Onboarding Operations. This position will be in charge of optimizing our Onboarding Operations as we expand and lead the key initiatives for our Know Your Customer (KYC) team for Airwallex US. In addition, this role will work closely with our stakeholders in Compliance, Commercial, and Product to ensure the funnel and customer experience is being optimized in a compliant manner.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve our Onboarding Operations driving prioritized initiatives from ideation to execution. As part of this, you will need to constantly pressure test whether we have the right procedures in place to manage our risk throughout the customer life cycle. You will work closely with our stakeholders in Compliance and Product to ensure any compliance gaps are addressed in both short and long-term.
As a senior IC who is passionate about operations and compliance, you will be in charge of coaching and developing our KYC operations. You will handle complicated KYC cases and build/optimize current processes/SOP as the U.S. market grows and scales. For this role, we are looking for an individual who has experience in operations and has a strong understanding of KYC processes and the United States Anti-Money Laundering / Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) regulatory landscape. As we continue to accelerate in the U.S. market, we are looking for a dedicated, independent subject matter expert who has a passion for great customer experiences and is proactive at solving problems.
What you'll do:
- As a senior IC optimize US Onboarding Operations processes, partner closely with Team Lead and our commercial team to define our strategy to engage customers from end-to-end of the funnel
- Drive constant efficiency on how to optimize and scale onboarding through various means (i.e. outsourcing, tools, vendors, product improvements)
- Empower KYC Operations team members by developing processes and standard operating procedures to clearly define tactics across both SMEs & Platforms
- Develop refined processes on how we onboard platforms and collaborate with prospective and existing financial institutions partners as applicable
- Work closely with the US Compliance Team to implement processes to meet regulatory requirements as necessary
- Be subject matter expert in KYC - you have a passion for detecting fraud/risk and ensuring protection from bad actors
- Analyze onboarding and customer data to make data-informed decisions to drive operational efficiencies and address compliance gaps
Who you are:
- Compliance obsessed - You are able to quickly understand the intricacies with regulatory needs and you will ensure any concerns are voiced
- A solid program manager - You have the necessary leadership skills to influence and motivate those around you
- Data-driven - You are able to deep dive into the data to identify root cause issues and bring them up a level to make intelligent business decisions
- Process-oriented - You enjoy following and creating procedures to ensure an efficient and well-documented process
- A team player - But you enjoy working independently as much as you enjoy working with a team
- A master prioritizer - You use your sound judgment and data to assess all of the tasks at hand and are decisive in determining a holistic approach on key priorities
- Inquisitive by nature - You know when to dive a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it; you ask the right questions to arrive at solutions efficiently and creatively
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years of experience in operations
- Prior experience at a bank, fintech, or AML/KYC is preferred
- Self starter attitude who is not afraid to get into the details
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills, SQL and Looker experience is a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is a must; past exposure to a high-growth and/or globally distributed startup is also a plus
- A knack for identifying process improvement opportunities and an ability to proactively share feedback and ideas with management to help drive change
- Experience or comfort working in a global environment
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.