Director, People Partner
Administration, People & HR
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
As a key player reporting directly to the SVP People, you will take the helm of our dynamic People and Talent team in the US. In this pivotal role, you will not just manage a team - you’ll lead a high-performing group with a mission to establish a best-in-class function that fuels our continuous growth and expansion in the Americas. From talent attraction to employee success, your team will impact every facet of the employee lifecycle.
This is more than a role; it’s a change to build and shape the future in a company experiencing year-on-year growth. You’ll spearhead high visibility, People & Talent initiatives, including career ladders, employee engagement, HR tooling, and more. Collaborating closely with the CEO and other senior leaders, you’ll develop and implement HR strategies aligning with Airwallex’s overarching business goals.
With a current US team of over 70 and counting, this is your opportunity to make a mark in a rapidly evolving environment. Based in our San Francisco office, you’ll work side by side with our senior leadership, contributing to the vibrant energy of our San Francisco office. Come join us on this exciting journey where your expertise will play a crucial role in our success!
* Lead a high performing People and Talent team, driving excellence in performance.
* Manage People responsibilities covering employee onboarding, engagement, talent development, rewards, resource planning, and change management.
* Collaborate with senior business leaders globally, acting as a strategic partner to identify and address talent and organizational opportunities.
* Liaise with cross-functional experts (e.g. recruitment, finance, legal) to streamline processes and provide guidance.
* Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to identify and implement long-term scaling strategies.
* Ensure global consistency by working with global People & Talent leaders.
* Spearhead the development of US Airwallex employee engagement initiatives, informed by data, in collaboration with the US leadership team.
* Innovate and implement policies, practices and programs to meet organizational and executive/strategic management needs.
* Manage the People team, oversee hiring, training, and development.
* Drive successful completion of our biannual performance reviews cycle.
* Resolve employee relations issues professionally and in accordance with statutory considerations.
* Develop and implement impactful employee development programs.
* Stay abreast of HR trends and best practices to continually enhance our approach.
* 5+ years of direct people management experience coupled with 10+ years of experience in HR.
* Expert knowledge of US HR organizational policies and practices.
* Proven track record in creating and implementing HR best practices for geographic expansion in the US, Canada, and LATAM.
* Exceptional relationship management and influencing skills.
* Proficiency in data analysis, deriving insights to support recommendations.
* Excellent communication skills, complemented by strong business partnering experience.
* In-depth understanding of current employment and statutory legislation.
* Ability to interact and influence at the executive level.
* Bachelor's degree with a strong foundation in HR policies and practices.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication abilities.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
* Skillful project management, handling multiple projects concurrently.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.