Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
The role mainly focuses on transaction monitoring case handling across the issuing and GTPN products. You will report to our Transaction Monitoring Lead and will be supporting our EMEA based operations.
- Conduct daily transaction monitoring tasks to timely clear and escalate the transactions in the case management system per pre-defined TM procedure
- Conduct transaction screening tasks to timely clear and escalate the transactions in the world check system per pre-defined screening procedure
- Participate in various AML-related projects and initiatives to help drive operational excellence and overall efficiency
- Understanding of AML regulatory regulations
- Proactively stay up-to-date with AML-related news and regulatory developments, improve the knowledge base of AML and sanctions within the team and assist with the development of in-house expertise
- Complete other work related to transaction monitoring operations or assigned by the Operations Manager
- Coordinate with issuing related initiatives
- Actively handle issuing investigations in a timely manner
- Perform a holistic review for post-monitoring alerts
- Escalate issuing accidents in a timely manner with proper solving suggestions
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of relevant AML and sanctions experience in fintech, financial services, litigation or regulatory environment
- Familiarity with typical money laundering schemes, sanctions compliance, general or risk-based compliance, risk management, and other financial crime compliance.
- Having substantial hands-on experience in the following areas is a plus: International, regional and local regulatory knowledge/experience, AML and OFAC risk assessment
- Process improvement initiatives (KYC, CDD, etc.)
- Policy & procedure development (black/white list maintenance; STR writing/review, etc.)
- Alert clearing and investigations - common AML typology analysis - vendor solutions in KYC, transaction monitoring, case management or sanction compliance
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.