Head of Corporate Development
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
As the Head of Corporate Development at Airwallex, you will play a pivotal role in driving our strategic direction and growth. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will be responsible for leading the Corporate Development function, which includes capital markets, investor relations, M&A, investments, international expansion, and other strategic projects.
* Capital Markets & Investor Relations: Build relationships with new and existing investors, lead capital raising activity, develop materials and financial projections to communicate our business performance and plan to external stakeholders
* M&A and Investments: Lead M&A and investments from end-to-end from strategy, sourcing, due diligence, execution and integration based on our business strategy and product vision
* International Expansion: Work cross functionally with licensing, financial partnerships and other teams to spearhead our expansion into new markets and products
* Strategic Projects: Work cross functionally with the executive team to help shape Airwallex’s corporate strategy, lead special projects, develop customer relationships, and create business impact
* *10+ years working in corporate development, investment banking, private equity or related fields
* 5+ years of transactional experience at a top-tier investment bank
* Experience leading and managing transactions for fintech or tech companies
* Substantial experience and skills in strategic and financial analysis, complex deal structuring, project management, negotiations, and communication
* Experience working across multiple regions (e.g. Americas, EMEA, APAC)
* Collaborative approach to leadership and problem solving, including proven success in attracting and developing talent
Join Airwallex in shaping the future of fintech through leading the corporate development function. Be part of a dynamic team committed to driving innovation and excellence in the rapidly evolving financial technology landscape!
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.