Sales Development Representative, Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
Airwallex is looking for a highly goal-oriented sales professional to join our new Austin based Enterprise Sales Development team. As such, this is a great role for someone with at least a few months of experience as an SDR and will have a unique opportunity to shape our initial processes and how our platform clientele experience our products. You will be responsible for generating and cultivating enterprise-level leads to sign up to our platform. Your duties will include strategic messaging on a variety of mediums, contacting decision makers, and planting the seeds for a successful sale. Additionally, you will work closely with stakeholders in Airwallex globally to relay feedback and help shape the future of our US go-to-market strategy.
This role will start remote but as the Austin sales team grows may become hybrid. The role also includes occasional travel to conferences and events.
- Join the fastest growing team in Airwallex's Global Commercial org
- Have autonomy and flexibility to develop and refine our sales processes
- Develop and execute plans, partner with AEs to close business with upper middle market and enterprise companies
- Work with AE’s to build outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Attract and start relationships with executive stakeholders at new and existing clients
- Research and connect with leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
- A relationship builder – you have a dynamic personality, love talking to potential customers, listening to their needs, and explaining the benefits of the Airwallex platform to potential customers customers
- A closer – while you don’t need much sales experience, you need to be driven and eager to move conversations forward
- You obsess over a great customer experience – when you get a support inquiry, you will want to get it resolved as soon as possible in the best way to ensure a great customer experience
- Motivated and motivational – you have a knack for getting people and customers excited to see the benefits Airwallex will bring to their business
- Willing to learn and adaptable – you don’t need to have it all figured out, you just have to have a desire to learn and always be willing to improve and adapt
- You are a great communicator on the phone and via email – you can provide information verbally and in a collaborative fashion with great customer rapport
- You are a great team player – you’ll be working with people across diverse global offices and will need to work collaboratively with them
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
- 6 months experience in sales, account management, or any related customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Start-up, fintech, and B2B experience preferred
- We are open to a wide range of experiences so please apply if the role looks interesting, even if you don’t think you meet all the qualifications
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, commission plan and pre-IPO equity, generous vacation, sick leave and company holiday schedule
- Wide ranging responsibilities and opportunities to grow including possible international assignments or permanent transfers
- Assortment of health and wellness benefits including multiple medical coverage options several with $0 premium cost to the employee
- Other perks and more
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.