Transaction Monitoring Lead
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business-builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle-East and North America.
As our Transaction Monitoring Lead in EMEA, you will be responsible for our first-line financial crime operations team. This team leader is expected to drive standards in transaction monitoring and sanctions screening through TM risk assessment completion, rule tuning, segmentation, and profiling to ensure our current and future customers have a seamless experience across all of Airwallex’s product suite, all while protecting Airwallex from financial and reputational risk. We expect you to have strong attention to detail and to develop and apply a comprehensive understanding of AML/CTF related functions.
- A natural leader, with strong leadership skills that enable you to influence and motivate those around you
- Process-driven, ensuring we create procedures to build efficient and well-documented workflows
- A team player who can also work independently
- A master prioritiser with the ability to assess all of the tasks at hand and make the decision on the order in which you complete each task
- You have an investigative and curious nature that allows you to know when to dive deeper to get to the bottom of a problem
- You ask the right questions and make risk-based decisions
What you will be doing:
- Understand the regulatory landscape and compliance requirements to further improve our investigations and rules
- Analyse and investigate patterns and trends
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet team and company goals
- Act as the point of escalation and responsible for stakeholder management
- Conduct investigations on suspicious transactions
- Ensure adherence to local and global compliance policies and procedures
- Take a data driven approach to problem solving
- Handle special projects and ad hoc incoming requests, including deep dives on issues
- Lead and inspire a team of transaction monitoring analysts, including both local and remote team members
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of compliance experience working in a transaction monitoring function, financial crime management, AML investigations, or other relevant experience
- AICB, CAMS or CFE certifications strongly preferred
- Process-oriented experience requiring meticulous attention to detail and deep investigative skills with well-honed written and verbal communications
- Bank or fintech experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record of managing personal performance against objective targets and using data and analytics to make decisions
- People leadership experience - experience in managing a team of analysts is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, SQL knowledge highly preferred
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organize regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status when making our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.