Sales Development Representative, Platform
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex seeks a highly goal-oriented SDR for our Enterprise Sales Development team in Australia. This is an excellent role for someone with 1-4 years of experience building an SDR skillset within a technology company. You will have a formative chance to shape our initial processes and product experience for platform clientele. You will be responsible for generating and cultivating enterprise-level leads to sign up for our platform. Your duties will include strategic messaging on various mediums, contacting decision-makers, and planting the seeds for a successful sale.
- Develop and execute plans for winning business with upper-middle market and enterprise companies.
- Work with AE’s to build outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities.
- Attract and start relationships with executive stakeholders with new clients.
- Research and connect with leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process.
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy.
- A relationship builder – you have a dynamic personality, love talking to potential Enterprise customers, listening to their needs, and explaining the benefits of the Airwallex platform to potential customers.
- A closer – while you don’t need much sales experience, you must be driven and eager to move conversations forward.
- You obsess over a great customer experience – when you get a support inquiry, you will want to get it resolved as soon as possible in the best way to ensure a great customer experience.
- Motivated and motivational – you have a knack for getting people and customers excited to see the benefits Airwallex will bring to their business.
- Willing to learn and adaptable – you don’t need to have it all figured out. You are eager to learn and always be ready to improve and adapt.
- You are a great communicator on the phone and via email – you can provide information verbally and collaboratively with excellent customer rapport.
- You are a great team player – you’ll be working with people across diverse global offices and must work collaboratively with them.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
- 1-4+ years’ experience in sales, account management, or any related customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Start-up, fintech, and B2B experience preferred
- We are open to a wide range of experiences, so please apply if the role looks interesting, even if you don’t think you meet all the qualifications.
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.