Senior Software Engineer - Core Banking
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
About The Role:
The Senior Engineer is a high-impact, collaborative role responsible for driving outcomes on one of our most critical platforms - which comprises the b2b digital wallet (client ledger), transaction orchestration engine and related reporting infrastructure.
You'll have a unique opportunity to lead the design and implementation of our next generation Core Banking platform, powering exciting new product capabilities which include a new credit card & high interest savings account - unlocking new global revenue generation opportunities. The role spans the full SDLC, from requirements capture, systems design, to implementation, testing and operational support.
Attracting world class engineering talent is crucial to our long term success. We're also keen to contribute to the broader external engineering community in the form of blogs, talks and open source tools. Read about what we are up to here: https://medium.com/airwallex-engineering
- 4+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration/delivery and quality engineering
- Desire to own an idea from inception through to implementation
- A commitment to producing high quality and well tested solutions
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- JVM based programming. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using, we are using Kotlin
- Experience working with high throughput / low latency / HA distributed systems
- Experience in API design best practices
- Familiar with HTTP, TCP / IP protocol and REST specifications
- Mastery of Gradle / Maven or other build tools
- Familiar with the use of Docker cluster / Kubernetes
As a Bonus:
- Experience in Kotlin / Scala
- Asynchronous ‘reactive’ programming (RxJava, Akka, Spring Reactor, Vert.x)
- Kafka event streams
- GCP, Alicloud or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc) and Kubernetes exposure
- Operational tooling such as Splunk, New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a Competitive Salary plus a Bonus, and plus valuable Equity (in the form of RSUs).
We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative, open office space, fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/hybrid working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.