Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
As a senior engineer, you will lead building the most technical elements of our payments network. While you do not have direct reports, you will be expected to demonstrate leadership through the quality of your engineering work. In conjunction with your teams Staff Engineer, you will ensure that the way we build our solutions is of exceptional technical quality.
Our core banking and issuing engineering team take ownership of the technical construction of key Airwallex systems. These systems span several products including b2b wallets, payment acceptance, credit card issuing, treasury management, FX and this list continues to expand. Through our platform team you will be responsible for supporting key systems to both our front end web/mobile application team and support the integration of our platform solution, direct to customer, via an API.
This role will see you making contributions to technologies and libraries that we depend on while leading the refactoring of complex systems and components. Your exceptional technical capability will enable you to
Who you are
- You are a leader– striving for technical excellence through your coding and system design
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API’s – from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player– fostering effective collaboration in multi-disciplinary squads across regions
- You are a thought leader - Attracting other senior hires to the company through your knowledge sharing
- You are a passionate problem solver – weighing up pros and cons of new tech solutions before implementing them with your team
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Evidence of working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- Strong cloud experience GCP (preferred) or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.If this role has sparked your curiosity - hit APPLY now.
When you join Airwallex, You Choose "Bigger Growth Opportunities."
In 2022 as a Global business, we achieved the following:
- Series E stage, total funding of USD $900 Million, $5.5B valuation
- Expanded into new markets
- Forged partnerships with Shopify, Hubspot, Plaid, Trip Actions/Navan, Agoda, and Qantas
- We launched our Scholarship Partnership with The University of Melbourne
- Asia FinTech Awards: Team of the Year, Fintech of the Year
- Xero Awards Australia: Financial Services App of the Year
- Top 100 Women in Fintech: #40 Lucy Liu, Co-Founder of Airwallex
- Over 37% of our Australian team were promoted last year
Life at Airwallex:
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
💳 Your own Airwallex Virtual Card, with $1000 per year to spend on physical, lifestyle, health, or charitable donations
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
✈️ Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 3 months each year
🦄 Accelerate your career - We've reached consistent unicorn status and our people are a huge part of this. Airwallex is the place where you can grow to your full potential, with more than a third of our Australian team promoted last year
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
See more open positions at Airwallex
Something looks off?