Senior UI/Visual Designer
Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
Athena Home Loans launched in 2019 to help Aussie borrowers save money and pay down their home loans faster. Athena's digital mortgage platform radically simplifies the application process passing on the savings to customers at better rates. Customers switching to Athena are saving ~ $60,000 over the life of their loans.
Athena has built Australia's first cloud-native home loan platform, covering the full value chain to acquire, originate, service and fund residential mortgages. Fintechs targeting mortgages are typically only focusing on a narrow layer of the value chain (e.g. originations), then handing back to legacy bank systems. By tackling the full stack, Athena aims to cut the cost of running a mortgage business by 70% vs. legacy players, providing a sustainable advantage.
Athena has been recognised amongst multiple consumer lending and industry awards including Canstar Outstanding Value and Innovation Excellence awards, RateCity and Mozo awards, and Fintech Lender and Fintech CEO of the year.
Design plays a crucial role at Athena in bringing people together to inspire the best experiences and champion the people who use our products. As a Senior Product Designer (Visual/UI) you will be responsible for the design and execution of visual elements, harmonising the functional needs of people with emotional values of design to craft valuable experiences with visual expressions that are representative of the Athena brand. You will collaborate with our Head of Design, while embedded in a cross-functional team working with Product Owners, Engineers and Marketing. You will own the design for everything customer-facing.
- Design both functional & delightful experiences that solve problems and serve the needs of customers across our website, application, tracker, customer web and app platforms (to name a few),
- Own customer outcomes, uncovering and sharing meaningful measures and taking actions that uphold customer satisfaction.
- Participate in small research studies to validate hypotheses, elevate customer needs and facilitate evidence-based decisions.
- Create brilliant strategies and execute creative designs across our e2e journeys.
- Help steer and influence teams to deliver value in a timely way.
- Work within Athena's Design System and expand its use in collaboration with other design stakeholders.
- Contribute to the direction of our visual design and identity through our digital products.
Your Day 1 Qualities:
- You are strong in visual and UI design (considering the breadth of layout, hierarchy, colour, typography, interaction, motion, illustration etc).
- Committed to quality, attention to detail, prototyping and specifying design work for shipping to our customers.
- Good with flexing your approach as needed to add value rapidly.
- You are strong in communicating the context and intent of the work (demonstrating strong rationale through various artefacts as needed e.g. prototypes, handoff specs, visual designs etc), facilitating effective feedback and critique opportunities.
- Comfortable with a degree of ambiguity, contributing to the definition, planning and execution of work as required and in partnership with other teams, Designers, Product Owners, Product Managers and Engineers in an Agile environment.
What Athena offers
We're here to help people rewrite their future stories and show Australia there's a lender on their side.We're focused on better.
We lead with heart. In a very short time, we've shaken up the Australian market and put the banks on notice.
Our pretty powerful 'why'- setting people free - is working.
Freedom is not just reserved for customers.
We're on a liberating adventure to give everyone the freedom to rewrite their future stories.
You are awesome. Seriously. We have 100% belief in you.
You're free to be yourself.
Work's gotta be fun. It's gotta be rewarding. So don't hold back.
Our bunch of diverse individuals wear what they want, speak their mind and let their own brand of freak fly.
By learning a lot about different roles, viewpoints and personalities, we all grow in ways we don't expect.
You are can-do, will-do and continually looking for better ways.
If working closely with others and shaping the business that's quickly reshaping home loans excites you, get in touch and start your new adventure.
Now's the time.
To grasp every opportunity, we move with speed and we're straight up with passionate views loosely held.
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.