Senior/Lead Software Engineer
Software Engineer – Senior/Lead
If you skip straight to our requirements please don’t read them as a ‘must-have’ checklist, they are a guide. If you don’t tick every box, don’t rule yourself out just yet. If this role resonates with you, don’t hesitate to hit the apply button!
BOULEVARD is looking for someone with lots of energy and passion, who can join our team as we embark on the next step in growing our product and business. This senior engineer role can be moulded around the right individual, and the title is flexible so please feel free to reach out for a confidential conversation. This is a hybrid role and you can be Sydney or Melbourne based.
It’s an exciting time to join this business, so if you are an aspiring Senior/Lead Engineer looking to join a growing tech company – get in touch today!
You’re a team player who enjoys teasing out solutions with help from your colleagues. You love getting things done, rather than just talking about them. You have good attention to detail, but also have a pragmatic approach to your work.
- We value diverse and interesting backgrounds. We’re open to people from other SaaS product companies but your interest and desire for writing code and building a great product is most important
- We’re open to your tech stack if it doesn’t align exactly with ours
- You enjoy helping people, including both your teammates and our users
- Strong communication skills and enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- You genuinely enjoy writing code and building software
- You enjoy learning and solving problems
Your primary role is to lead the engineering team in building amazing software. That will mean getting your own hands dirty as well as guiding our junior and mid-level engineering team to write great code. How you achieve that is largely up to you but the basics will involve:
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software
- Work in close collaboration with our Product Team to design and architect new features
- Conduct code reviews and help maintain a high standard for our codebase
You must have a strong level of competency in the following areas.
- MongoDB and data structures
- REST API’s
- Clean code concepts
Our Tech Stack
- Node (for our main API)
- Golang (for one specific micro-service)
- Google Cloud Platform
Other desirable skills and experience
If you have skills or are interested in learning any of the following that would be a plus.
- Security reviews, and knowledge of web security best practices
- Experience with CI/CD, infrastructure as code, DevOps, automation
- Coaching and mentoring of software engineers
- Domain knowledge in financial services / trading
The Where & How
We are a small diverse group across age, gender, and background and offer a truly flexible and friendly work environment. All of us at BOULEVARD work a hybrid “remote, but in-office sometimes” approach.
When in the office we’re at Stone & Chalk Sydney or Melbourne, which offers exposure to, and the chance for engagement and collaboration with other fin-tech scale-up companies.
Stone & Chalk also offers regular community events and co-working space perks.
Our Culture & Benefits
BOULEVARD’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. For example:
- You will lead a small engineering team, mentoring and guiding them to improve their skills. You will also help build the team as we grow.
- We’re looking at ways to improve how private capital works for companies which means exploring new ideas and new technologies. If you’re interested in fin-tech and are keen to learn more, this is the place to be.
- We organise team events on a regular basis, e.g. lunches, dinners, and fun activities.
- You are encouraged to seek out learning opportunities to advance your career and we will help pay for relevant courses.
- We offer a competitive salary and equity via an ESOP.
BOULEVARD Global provides a software platform that helps unlisted companies manage their cap tables, valuations, investments and equity plans. This includes employee share options, shareholder communications, and an investor portal to allow shareholders to view their investments.
It is an exciting time for the company as we seek to roll out new products to the market. We are embarking on a new phase of development focused on transforming private capital. Our goal is to create new opportunities for investors to trade unlisted securities, streamline capital raises, and provide clear audit-ability.
We are a small, efficient team, focused on getting code out the door and delivering better outcomes for our product and our customers. We pride ourselves on giving everyone a voice at the table, and working collaboratively.
$165,000 – $175,000 p.a. depending on experience