IT Support Analyst
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2023
Brighte is on a mission to make every home sustainable.
By offering financial solutions to homeowners, we’re making renewable energy and home improvements more accessible to the everyday Aussie.
Between Nov 2016 and Feb 2022, Brighte has facilitated the installation of solar systems for over 110,000 households. Currently we have 1700 GWh generated by our customers each year which is saving 1 million + metric tons on C02 emissions per year!
Our founder and CEO, Katherine McConnell, has been awarded Telstra Business Woman of the year in 2020 as well as winning the Sustainability Crusader award at B&T's 2023 Women Leading Tech Awards. She is a passionate and humble leader who has a human first approach to business. As a business we have been awarded AFR Sustainability Leader in the Banking and Finance category and won the inaugural Sustainability Award at the Affies!
We value different perspectives, skills and backgrounds and have been recognised for our strength in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, winning Best Workplace Diversity (Finnies 2021).
What You'll DoResponsible for all the IT support for the Brighte team. This role is to support a wide range of administrating and supporting SaaS platforms, network security tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Microsoft 365, Azure, Atlassian suite, AWS platforms, network security and In-house Software Systems.
This role also includes system administration tasks, working closely with the Head of IT operations and Lead Cyber security Engineer on the management of our core infrastructure and many exciting projects as we mature our IT environment.
Administration and support of windows server (2019/2016), Exchange server, print server, DHCP server, Database server, AWS platform and administrating of wireless network technologies, including wireless controllers and access points.
Managing small projects - planning, communication of, and implementation of new procedures, policies, technologies, etc. Maintaining our knowledge base and creating documentation as required.
Network support and troubleshooting, providing service support in diagnosing, resolving, and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions, encompassing workstations and communication infrastructure.
Administrating and supporting virtual platform & Virtual private Network (both server and client side)
Implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies, and procedures, accepting responsibility for the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system security and disaster recovery planning.
Onboarding and off-boarding of employees, including accounts administration and carrying out IT inductions.
Administration of cloud-based tools and internal applications
What You'll Bring
- Successful completion of tertiary qualification in Information Technology (preferably Master’s/ bachelor’s degree in computer Networking)
- Proven work experience in a similar role, that has required an excellent knowledge of a medium to large IT Infrastructure and an in-depth understanding of complex networking, server, and storage deployments.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience working with switching, routing, wireless, and firewall hardware (Ruckus / Fortinet & other vendors highly regarded)
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience working with Virtualisation platforms (FinPOWER/Citrix/ VMWare highly recommended)
- Experience in administrating Virtual private network server and troubleshooting VPN server-client connection issue (NordVPN & other vendors highly recommended).
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience working with Microsoft server technologies (MS Server, ADDS, ADFS, MSSQL, IIS etc)
- Advance Knowledge of networking (DHCP, DNS, LAN/WAN, Network Protocols)
- Experience with back-up solutions and disaster recovery procedures
- Experience administering cloud-based platforms such as Microsoft 365, Azure Active Directory and Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, Team Central, etc)
- Experience with provisioning hardware and policies with Microsoft Intune & Kandji/JAMF or other MDM solutions
- Working knowledge of ITIL methodology
- Experience with service desk and desktop support in medium size environments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS environments
- Ability to support and troubleshoot AV systems
- Exposure/Familiarity to Linux, AWS & Ubiquiti systems
- Experience in PowerShell Script or Python programming language is a bonus
Who You Are
- You bring a strong track record of practical problem solving skills with your passion and ability to thrive in a fast paced, growing environment.
- You can communicate your ideas coherently, especially to those not technologically proficient
- You have a customer centric mindset and care deeply about every users
- You are hungry to learn new skills, share the knowledge with your team
- You are pro-active, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to work autonomously
Named LinkedIn’s #10 Top Australian Start Up (2021), we know we wouldn’t be anywhere without our investors, who believe in our mission and the opportunities that lie ahead for a brighter future.
Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital, and Qualgro Partners all continue to support Brighte in making this dream a reality!
If you want to join this mission-driven, inclusive, and highly collaborative team, click apply and upload your resume! All applicants will receive a response.