Payments Solutions Officer - 12 Month FTC
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Brighte is on a mission to make every home sustainable.
By offering financial solutions to homeowners, we’re making renewable energy and home improvements more accessible to the everyday Aussie.
Between Nov 2016 and Feb 2022, Brighte has facilitated the installation of solar systems for over 110,000 households. Currently we have 1700 GWh generated by our customers each year which is saving 1 million + metric tons on C02 emissions per year!
Our founder and CEO, Katherine McConnell, has been awarded Telstra Business Woman of the year in 2020 as well as winning the Sustainability Crusader award at B&T's 2023 Women Leading Tech Awards. She is a passionate and humble leader who has a human first approach to business. As a business we have been awarded AFR Sustainability Leader in the Banking and Finance category and won the inaugural Sustainability Award at the Affies!
We value different perspectives, skills and backgrounds and have been recognised for our strength in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, winning Best Workplace Diversity (Finnies 2021).
Like what you've read so far? Read on for info on this role!
Customer service is a key focus within the collections team at Brighte, known as Payment Solutions. We are seeking an experienced Collections Officer (Payment Solutions Officer) who will always strive to deliver an excellent outcome for our customers and the business. Reporting to the Payments Solutions Manager, you will be responsible for the implementation of Brighte’s strategy for resolving overdue accounts in our fast paced and results driven team.
Please note, this role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
What you will do
- Manage inbound and outbound phone-based/email enquiry collections calls & tickets regarding payment issues, process customer requests, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payment dishonours
- Identify reasons for customer arrears and negotiate resolutionsincluding payment arrangements or hardship
- Identify warning triggers from customers who may be in a position of financial difficulty or indicating cash flow issues, and address these in accordance with regulatory obligations
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts - Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, Version 1 June 2021 customer reconciliations and processing credit memos
- Achieve designated performance benchmarks in line with company expectations
- Portfolio reporting to management including weekly reporting and adhoc reporting as required
- Provide a center of excellence in relation to all matters collections related
- Enlist the efforts of senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with senior management, sales team and vendors • Participate in training and regular ongoing coaching and support
Who You Are
- Have high integrity and strong judgement ensuring our customer’s privacy is always protected
- A quick learner who is able to develop sound knowledge of Brighte’s products, our policies and relevant legislation
- High level of problem solving, dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, and dynamic environment meeting customer needs
- Professional customer service experience with both internal and external clients • Able to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- A forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes continuous process improvement solutions
- Able to work autonomously with strong attention to detail
- Aligned to Brighte’s Values which are Deserve the Customer, Brighter Together, Call the Ball, Be Human and Think Big Stay Green
- Understanding of relevant regulatory legislation under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act (2001) (ASIC Act), Competition and Consumer Act, The Anti-Money Laundering, and Version 1 June 2021 Counter-Terrorism Financing Act and Privacy Act; and National Consumer Credit Protection Act
- Strong computer skills. Prior experience with FinPower a bonus
Named LinkedIn’s #10 Top Australian Start Up (2021), we know we wouldn’t be anywhere without our investors, who believe in our mission and the opportunities that lie ahead for a brighter future.
Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital, and Qualgro Partners all continue to support Brighte in making this dream a reality!
If you want to join this mission-driven, inclusive, and highly collaborative team, click apply and upload your resume! All applicants will receive a response.