Corporate Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Our mission is the make sustainability affordable and accessible for everyone.
By offering financial solutions to homeowners, we’re making renewable energy and home improvements more accessible to the everyday Aussie.
Between Nov 2016 and Feb 2022, Brighte has facilitated the installation of solar systems for over 110,000 households. Currently we have 1700 GWh generated by our customers each year which is saving 1 million + metric tons on C02 emissions per year!
Our founder and CEO, Katherine McConnell, has been awarded Telstra Business Woman of the year in 2020 as well as winning the Sustainability Crusader award at B&T's 2023 Women Leading Tech Awards. She is a passionate and humble leader who has a human first approach to business. As a business we have been awarded AFR Sustainability Leader in the Banking and Finance category and won the inaugural Sustainability Award at the Affies!
We value different perspectives, skills and backgrounds and have been recognised for our strength in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, winning Best Workplace Diversity (Finnies 2021).
Like what you've read so far? Read on for info on this role!
As Corporate Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading corporate development projects and driving growth opportunities for the Brighte Capital business, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Corporate development initiatives will span fundraising, M&A, investor relations, new product lines and market expansion activities to identify overall opportunities for the business.
What You’ll do
- Special Projects and Commercial Activities
- Collaborate with CFO on special projects and new product research.
- Explore new target markets and lead project execution.
- Analyze markets, costs, and pricing.
- Present findings to top management and investors.
- Corporate Development and Strategy
- Assist CFO & CEO with funding needs.
- Research market trends and guide strategy.
- Develop long-term commercial plans.
- Support fundraising and investor communication.
- Prepare reports and presentations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Identify M&A opportunities and build business cases.
- Manage strategic transactions and due diligence.
- Create analytical models and research for transactions.
- Handle transaction project management.
- Prepare materials for management, board, and investors.
- Investor Relations
- Manage shareholder relationships.
- Prepare investor relations materials and updates.
- Handle cap table and investor inquiries.
Who You Are
- At least 3 years’ experience in an investment banking, consulting or corporate strategy role, with strong transaction and / or capital raising experience. OR
- 3+ years experience at a start-up or corporate where they’ve been involved in an equity / capital raise, OR
- 2+ years experience in a consulting firm (BCG, McKinsey, Bain, big 4 accounting consulting, other consulting firms)
- Excellent communication skills, with particular regard to having a diverse set of stakeholders both internal and external
- Project management experience. Specifically, execution/delivery of corporate transactions.
- Financial modelling experience and understanding of financial statements.
- A Tertiary Degree/Post-Grad qualification in a relevant discipline. eg. Finance/Economics/Mathematics, Econometrics.
- Be self-motivated, driven, highly organised and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent in analytical thinking, attention to detail and ability to drive results in individuals/teams.
Named LinkedIn’s #10 Top Australian Start Up (2021), we know we wouldn’t be anywhere without our investors, who believe in our mission and the opportunities that lie ahead for a brighter future.
Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Investments, Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar’s Skip Capital, and Qualgro Partners all continue to support Brighte in making this dream a reality!
If you want to join this mission-driven, inclusive, and highly collaborative team, click apply and upload your resume! All applicants will receive a response.